Chapter 9

It was Friday. The work day dragged and Pepper couldn't get out of there quickly enough. The date time was set for eight pm. It was going to be a quiet evening at the Stark Mansion. Pepper got home and immediately hopped in the shower. She pulled her hair up in a bun because she didn't have time to wash it. She was going to spray some dry shampoo in it and hope for the best. She went through her closet multiple times and felt stuck. She finally settled on a dress from Fred Segal. It was sleeveless and blue on top with a mesh insert and the lower half was black and hugged like a pencil skirt. She grabbed a pair of Louboutin stilettos and grabbed her purse. She was ready.

Tony got up and he could see that Gina was at the door and he opened the door for her. She had on a gold extremely tight body con dress with straps small enough to just cover her bra straps. She had on high heeled strappy sandals in black and there wasn't a flaw on her. She kissed him and he kissed her back. Now that she was in front of him he did miss her a little and he felt badly about leaving her hanging.

"I thought you didn't want me anymore," she said, running her hand across his cheek.

"How can that be possible? Look at you. You got me excited in seconds," he said, pulling her towards him for another kiss.

She grabbed his face and was kissing him so aggressively when the doorbell rang. It was Pepper and Ethan.

Tony opened the door and he was totally bewitched by Pepper.

"Wow you look-

"Pepper, you're so hot," Gina said, coming up and interrupting him. And he was annoyed but also thankful because he couldn't find his words. She hugged Pepper too long and kissed her cheek and Tony was smirking.

"Thanks. You look beautiful as usual,"

"And who is this hunk?" Gina said as she smiled at Ethan.

"This is Ethan. Ethan this is Gina,"

Ethan was beaming at this declaration. Beautiful women were really starting to notice him.

"Wow you are a beauty," he said, kissing Gina's hand.

"So I opened a bottle of Domaine Leroy Musigny Grand Cru," Tony said, handing both Ethan and Pepper a glass.

"It's good stuff," Ethan said.

"Tony always gets the good stuff. That wine is forty thousand dollars. The most expensive in the world," Gina said as she took a sip.

Ethan was heavily eyeballing Gina and it was making Tony irritated and not for the reasons you think. He didn't care that Ethan was looking at Gina because Gina was his date. He cared because Ethan was disrespecting Pepper every time he eyeballed Gina. But he did it in a way that Pepper couldn't notice or Gina but he could because guys have a way of checking out women without being caught.

They sat in the living room and put on the television.

"I tried to convince Tony to play games but he shot it down. We agreed a movie would be nice,"

"I brought some goodies from Caffe Luxxe," Pepper said, reaching into her bag and handing it to Tony.

Tony opened it and reached in.

"Dinner first," Gina said, snatching it away from him.

"Yes, what is for dinner? I'm starved,"

"I ordered Italian from my family's restaurant. De Marco's" she said.

"They have the best food," Pepper gushed.

"I go there all the time. Do you work there?" Ethan asked Gina.