chapter 18

Y/n's POV:

Once again wandas foot gets launched into my side, she's such a restless sleeper. With a large huff I get out the bed and venture into the kitchen. Cupboard after cupboard I raid them for something to eat, for a large group they don't have a lot.

I eventually settle with a loaf of bread and some Nutella. Putting the bread flat on the counter, I then take a large dollop on the tip of the knife and spread the brown substance.

"What are you doing up?" My eyes divert from the bread up to where Maria stood. "Wanda is moving around to much and I got hungry". She smirks "what?" I ask.

"So what's the deal with you and wanda" I could feel a blush come across my face. I look away back at the bread and continue to make it. "Nothing" I mumble out. Then folding the bread into a sandwich, an awkward silence overcomes us.

"Fine, I like her a lot" I could hear her giggles. "It's not funny" I look blankly at her. She holds her hands up "Sorry" her seriousness doesn't last long before her giggles come back.

Another pear of footsteps appear, our heads both turn to find the culprit. Natasha sleepily walks in rubbing her eyes. Her tired eyes suddenly open wider once locating me. "Hey" Maria speaks first, natasha gives her a tight smile.

She goes and grabs a glass then walks to the sink to fill it with the clear liquid. "I'm going back to bed, goodnight" I start to walk out but Maria stops me.

"Okay enough is enough, we are going to talk about this like mature adults" She makes me sit down in on the bar stool then drags Nat to another one decently putting space between us. She sits in between us.

No one talks, Maria kicks natashas leg to get her to start. "Y/n I'm very sorry for lying to you, what I did was unforgivable and I hope we can get through this, together".

"I can't forgive you yet Nat, its not just a casual lie, you lied about my parents, you got close with me completely hiding the fact that you killed them".

She looks down and nods, "But it doesn't mean I won't forgive you eventually, because I love our relationship, I never got to grow up with my parents but you showed me love and you care, I just need time to forgive you".

"I understand". Maria grabs both of our hands giving them a tight squeeze. "How about tomorrow we go out all together, maybe just for a walk". We agree, "Good well y/n finish your sandwich and get back to wanda before she wakes up and realises you're missing".

Natasha's POV:

I hold myself together as she walks away. Once she is out of view I let the tears fall. "Hey why are you crying?" Maria pulls my into a side hug. "These are happy tears masha, she talked to me".

"Yeah she did, it's smaller steps but it's a step forward" We stay cuddled together, "How about we go to bed masha, I'm tired and you are too".

She grabs my hand "sounds like a plan natty".

A/n
Currently skiving school so I decided to write this. It's short but it deserved an update. Getting through my exams slowly so I haven't really been able to write 😍