18. Rejected

"It was fucking magical." Aislynn lied as Aegon was overtired and needing a nap but instead he cried out. Aislynn bounced him in her arms. "Father already spoke to his father and we are to be wed." Aislynn whispered.

"Way to bury the lead!" Alicent declared.

"But im rejecting the offer." Aislynn corrected.

"What?" Alicent questioned. 

"But I'm going to reject that union." Aislynn repeated slowly annunciating her words.  

"What why?" Alicent questioned. "You just said magical!" she reminded her sister. 

"I did and I lied." Aislynn admitted. 

"Lynnie! Just tell me the truth." Alicent begged. 

"He's not a bad kisser, but when he kissed me I thought there is another pair of lips I want on me instead." Aislynn offered. 

"Who?"

"I have someone else on my mind... thats all you get for now." Aislynn countered. 

"Hello my dear, did you think about the offer?" Otto remarked kissing her temple. "That man was smitten with you."

"He was." ALicent agreed. "But Lynnie has her sights set on someone else." Otto was taken aback. 

"Really? Who? I will make it happen." otto declared. 

"He's fighting at the step stones actually." Aislynn remarked. "So I dont even know if he is going to survive... I dont want to talk about it, talk to Ali." Aislynn waved a dismissive hand. Otto huffed a breath as he looked to Alicent.  

' Did you enjoy the hunt, Your Grace?' Otto asked as Aislynn plopped down on ALicent's bed Aegon curled into her already sucking at his thumb.

'Well enough.' Alicent agreed. "Lynnie got me cookies."

'And how fared my grandson?'

"Arent you going to ask my how I enjoyed it?" Aislynn teased.

"I know how much and little you enjoyed it by your he loves me and he loves me not but I dont love him at all actually statements." Otto corrected seriously, Aislyn gawked back at him.

"Someone drank their funny juice tonight." AIslynn mused. Otto looked to Alicent as she chuckled. "Aegon you get your funny juice from Lady bitch lannister?''

"Aislynn."

'Well the ladies Lannister and Redwyne were quite taken with Aegon.' Alicent remarked.

'As they should be. He's the future of the realm. Well, you yourself witnessed the scale of the celebration, how it's united the men. When you bore the King a son, you ended 15 years of uncertainty and doubt. Aegon, like his namesake, was born to rule the Seven Kingdoms. If Viserys were to name him heir, the realm would fete him for it.' Otto remarked but Alicent stayed silent.

"Little moody dragon is the heir." Aislynn corrected.

'She." Otto clarified. "And does this not please you? Do you not want your son to be King?'

'And what mother wouldn't?' Alicent countered.

"Aegon likes his thumb more than a crown." Aislynn agreed kissing his Aegon's little face.

'You mustn't ignore the certain truth that if Rhaenyra were to step over Aegon to ascend the throne, the realm would tear itself apart.' Otto reminded them.

'They all swore obeisance to her, our house among them.' Aislynn reminded him.

'That was before Aegon.' Otto reminded her.