49. Triggering

Wither / Jaime Lannister out now!

"I'm getting good at forgery." John offered. 

"I dont think mum would want me here for this." Finn remarked looking to his siblings. 

"He writes a mysterious note naming Daemon his heir and then drops dead, thats not suspicious." Tommy mused. 

"Exactly!" Arthur agreed not hearing Tommy's sarcasm. 

"No, you dimwit. We need something better." Tommy corrected. 

"Eliminate the heir... I'm not not against killing littles." Arthur offered with a shrug. "For the good of the cause of course." 

"Oh yes of course." John agreed nodding along. 

"No!" ALicent shouted. "I'm not happy with Rhaenyra either but we are not- K-i-l-l-i-"

"Ali we are grown ups you dont need to spell out killing the princess. We got it." Tommy remarked. 

"Who are we killing?" Daemon questioned and everyone went silent. "What?" Daemon questioned looking between them. "Goodness you Hightowers are all moody today." 

 "We are working on the next phase of Viserys is a muppet." Tommy informed him. 

"ANd killing off your niece." Arthur added. Daemon blinked back at him, it wasnt not ideal. It would speed things up but Daemon didnt know that he wanted Rhaenyra dead just yet. 

"We are not k-i-l-l-" ALicent began again. 

"Grow up Ali, this is why you are not involved in our meetings." 

"Your murderous meetings!"  ALicent shouted. 

"You are not going to spell it out?" John mused. 

"Shut up!" Alicent demanded. 

"I think everyone just needs to calm down." Look at Daemon being the sensible one. But a round of gasps filled his ears.

"Ooh." John chuckled out.

"What did you just say?"

"I just said calm down." Daemon whined confused. " I don't think this is..."

"Ooh." John laughed out again.

"-anything to get overwhelmed by. You know, just stay calm. You guys got this. We got this, Aislynn has got this... we dont need to start killing Targaryens off just yet."

"Yeah?" Tommy mused as Arthur scoffed.

"Did he just tell us to calm down?" Alicent questioned.

"Can I just say that is not how you get the booty. Finn, this is not how you get that ass." John remarked. 

"Aislynn would hate you for telling him such things." Daemon remarked. "Also I'm going to be teaching him how to get booty."

"I dont like this." Finn remarked awkwardly. 

"You are not the person to do that." Tommy corrected.

"Aislynn is surly planning your death as we speak. You tell her to calm down too?" Alicent remarked.

"I did..." Daemon agreed slowly. What the fuck was with this word?

"You are a dead man!" Tommy declared.

"Might as well kill him now, save Aislynn from having to get her hands dirty." Arthur suggested and Daemon didnt know if they were joking or not.

"Look, everybody, I am sorry if whatever I said upset you. I did not realize that calm down was a universal pet peeve..." Daemon offered. "and I'm sorry that everyone's so fucking sensitive." he grumbled.

"So let me get this right, so, you're not sorry for what you said, you're sorry about our reaction." Tommy pondered.

"How was I to know that calm down is the one phrase in the common tongue that means the opposite of what it says?" Daemon spat arms outstretched not able to get through his clear annoyance. "How do you get someone to actually calm down? I don't know. What if someone's having a panic attack? What are you supposed to say, 'Panic more'?" Daemon shouted.

"Daemon." Aislynn declared and he was fuming. "First of all, calm down." Daemon opened his mouth, ready to shout.

"Please don't fucking... You know what? You're right. It's triggering." Daemon agreed. Aislynn smirked back at him.

" The "calm down"?" Finn questioned confused.

"Calm down," Daemon agreed. "yes. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, because I have news." Aislynn offered. "And I might have blown up because of the raging hormones flooding my body yet again." Alicent squealed while the boys shared confused looks. 

"Oh shit," Tommy realized what Alicent was excited about. "You're pregnant." 

"ANd I told you to calm down like a complete and utter cunt." Daemon grumbled. 

"You can make it up to me." AIslynn assured giving him a kiss. 

"We are having another baby, Jaeton isnt even a year." Daemon whispered his hand on her stomach. 

"Yeah well you know us." Aislynn offered with a shrug.  She was close in age to her siblings and they were her best of friends. She hoped Jaeton would have many siblings, be the best of friends with all of them.