68. Proud of You

Heading to driftmark was boring. It was a long ride and much to everyone dismay they didnt fly the dragons. Aislynn curled up with Daemon and Davina while the kids ran the ship with Alicent's children laughing out.

"I know its not as glamorous." Aislynn assured davina as she babbled and babbled. Fury Squawked out on the arm of the chair. "-As flying. But you are too little."

"Nooooo." Davina corrected shaking her. "Nooooo!"

"Shes a big kid Aislynn." Daemon agreed. "She is ready to fly!" Davina nodded eagerly. Flapping her arms up and down happily.

"Docks approaching!" Was heard from above.

"Mama!" Anari declared. "Look look! Land hooo!"

"Anari is our little pirate in the making." Aislynn remarked as she peered out the port hole.

"Whos Luna again?" Alaric questioned.

"Laena." Aemond corrected.

"You know her?"

"She left before I was born." Aemond corrected.

"Left where?" Alaric questioned.

"Driftmark I suppose." Aemond remarked. "I dont keep track of Velaryons." Alaric shrugged

"Why are we going to her funeral?" Alaric questioned.

"I dont know." Aemond countered. "To be nice."

"It is nice." Daemon agreed. "You know my brother- wonderful wonderful brother-" daemon added loudly. "Was debating marrying laena."

"Then I guess he won out." Aegon remarked. "Because shes dead." he clarified. 

"Because shes dead." Alicent agreed. Death seemed a mercy to dealing with viserys some days. He stole her youth and her innocence and still 14 years later and he was still choosing ghosts of his past wife and ghosts of the girl rhaenyra used to be to herself. A living breathing girl that sacrificed herself her dignity her honor for something she didnt want to become.  The queen.

But it was clear Aislynn wanted it now. Wanted it for daemon. Alicent didnt know that daemon wanted the crown as much as he used to though.  Daemons focus seemed to be on aislynn and their children alone.

"Okay sad faces on this is a funeral." Aislynn reminded everyone with a two- three clap pattern that had the kids lining up and ready.

"Have I told you I love yet today?" Daemon pondered kissing her cheek.

"Yes. But i love to hear it," aislynn assured.

Vaemond Velaryon spoke for his niece's funeral as they prepared her casket to be sent to sea. As was the Velaryon way. Water. Fire was targaryen. Had more flare to it. Aislynn wanted to go up in flames when the time came.

''We join today at the seat of the sea to commit the lady Laena of house Valeryon to the eternal waters and domination of the Merling king where he will guard her for all her days to come as she sets to see for final voyage the lady Laena leaves to true born daughters on the shore though their mother will not return from her voyage they will all remain bound together in blood salt courses through velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin.''

''My gentleness may the winds be as strong as your back you were sees as calm as your spirit and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came. The sea we shall return.'' Rhaenys held her grandaughters close as they watched their mothers casket drop.

+

''Have you seen your father?'' Rhaenyra asked coming up to Jace. ''Your little cousins have lost their mother. They could use a kind word.'' Rhaenyra offered glancing to Laena's daughters. Rhaenyra had not seen Laena in years, never met her daughters before but they were family.

''I have an equal claim to sympathy.'' Jace countered.

''Jace.''

''We should be at Harrenhal, mourning Lord Lyonel and Ser Harwin.'' Jace countered.

''It would not be appropriate. The Velaryons are our kin and the Strongs are not.'' Rhaenyra reminded him, Jace scoffed. ''Look at me. Do you understand?''

"Keep telling yourself that." Aislynn agreed as she passed. Rhaenyra scowled back at her.

''Hand turns loom; spool of green, spool of black; dragons of flesh weaving dragons of thread. Hand turns loom; spool of green..." Helaena remarked finding a spider on the ground she eased it into her hand

''Ewww!" Anari shouted. "Daddy save me hela has a spider!" Daemon scooped her up kissing her cheek.

''...dragon's flesh, weaving dragons of thread." Helaena went on trapping the spider between her hand and a geode.

''Lyonel Strong's son's been staring at you since the moment we arrived, Your Grace. Unabashedly.'' Criston remarked. Aislynn handed him a drink which he refused being on duty and she downed it herself.

''It is only a look of pride, Ser Criston.'' Alicent corrected ''Larys is the new Lord of Harrenhal.''

"He has a crush. You are a babe." Aislynn remarked pulled a grape from the bundle and popping it in her mouth.

"If anything he has a crush on you." Alicent corrected.

"Daemon would draw blood. Dont say that out loud!" Aislynn laughed out.

''Both my seat and High Tide will be yours one day, Lucerys.'' Corlys remarked. ''Your brother will be king, of course. He'll sit on endless councils and ceremonies, but Lord of the Tides rules the sea.'' But Luke shook his head softly.

''Sorry. I don't want it.'' He whispered.

''It's your birthright, lad.'' Corlys reminded.

''If I'm the Lord of Driftmark, it means everyone's dead.'' Luke corrected as he walked off.

"Viserys... how do you fare?" Daemon pondered holding Anari upside down she giggled out.

"Tired brother."

"Yes. I noticed." Daemon agreed. "Do you need anything for any pain?"

"You have changed Daemon." Viserys remarked.

"Have I?"

"Its refreshing. You are a wonderful father. I never thought I would see the day that you put anyone above yourself." Viserys informed him. He reached out touching Anaris little arm. She waved back at him her face turning red and Daemon flipped her back around holding her to him.

"But you love them. You care for them and their future. Daemon I dont say it enough, I am proud of you."