48. You Need To Calm Down

"You gotta calm down on this whole mission crown." Daemon declared.

"Calm d..." Aislynn sputtered back at him.

"You just... You gotta..." Daemon hesitated. "back off and calm down."

"I'm sorry, what did you say to me?" Aislynn met his gaze with a deadly and sexy glare. "What did you just say to me? Did y..."

"I said c-c-c-calm down

"I said c-c-c-calm down." Daemon sputtered.

"Calm down?" Aislynn repeated taking threatening steps towards him.

" Yeah, before you explode!"

"You're gonna tell me, to calm down... Oh, ca... calm down"?" Aislynn demanded.

"W-What... No, no, no, you're overreacting. All I said was "calm down." Daemon reminded her.

"I'm overreacting?!" Aislynn spat back.

"Seven hells." Daemon muttered.

"Nobody in the world wants to be told to calm down, Daemon." Aislynn reminded him.

" Mm-hmm." Daemon saw himself losing his head.

"It's like telling someone, 'You know what? You're stupid. You're stupid for

feeling the way you feel." Aislynn informed him.

"Okay, well, I don't think you need to bring everyone into this." Daemon offered taking a step back.

"It's an everyone thing." Aislynn assured him slowly. 

"I think it might just be..." Daemon cleared his throat. "For this matter at least... specific to you... which is totally..." Daemon wasn't going to win. He knew that now. "No, it's... You know what? You know what? Alright. Forget that. Sorry I said that." He waited a long moment, it would have been a millennia, roots and stems could have been growing up around his feet as he waited for her to answer him before a smile, not the kind that said everything was okay but the kind of smile that said war is coming and I don't like losing don't fucking question my sanity again or I bury you. That was what Daemon saw when he looked at Aislynn.

" It's okay." Aislynn finally spoke and Daemon knew it wasn't really but he was not going to push it further. "I'm just saying..."

"Listen, I love you. I love you. I just... hey. Hey, hey, I love you." Daemon interrupted.

"I love you." Aislynn agreed sweetly as she pressed a kiss to his lips.

"I just want to help. Can I hel... Can I sit down and do some scheming with you?" Daemon offered. "Would that be okay..." Aislynn sighed shaking her head.

"I-I wish I could trust you to do that, but I just can't." Aislynn corrected. "You are clearly emotional and fragile-"

"Me?" Daemon whispered.

"And I need to do this so you don't fuck it up." Aislynn decided.

" I can't.... You don't think I'm up for it." Daemon repeated and Aislynn stared back at him silently. "Alright." Daemon finally agreed, he rose his hands in surrender.

"Alright." Aislynn agreed.