56. Controlled Burn

Mirrorball / Sansa Stark Out now!

"Fight fire with fire."

"Someone will get burned." Alicent countered.

"Thats the point." Aislynn agreed as she headed out to the pits. Daemon was waiting for her. Caraxes got up seemingly smiling at her.

"I like that look." Daemon remarked as Aislynn got closer. 

"This is my murderous look." AIslynn informed him. 

"Thats why I like it." Daemon agreed. He held out a bottle of ale. "You look like you need this. I came prepared."

"Good boy, I have you trained." Aislynn agreed climbing up. "I'm driving." Aislynn informed him pulling the reigns from his hands and petting Caraxes back. "My big baby, Caraxes." 

"You are flying? We are going to die." Daemon mused taking a swig of the ale before passing it back to her. 

"Fly baby." 

"Sovegon." Daemon corrected. 

"Same difference." Aislynn assured as Caraxes took off. 

"Is this so no one hears us?" Daemon pondered as Caraxes sailed. 

"Hears what?" Aislynn mused. 

"Me fucking your brains out." Daemon remarked. 

"Oh, no I want them to hear that." Aislynn assured. She turned carefully wrapping her legs around his waist. He held tight to her, one hand on the reigns. 

"You see you look like you do and you talk like you do and yet..." She silenced him with a kiss. "That talk." Daemon realized. 

"I'm one bad day from killing them both." Aislynn agreed reaching between them for the bottle. 

"Them both being Viserys and Rhaenyra." Daemon clarified. 

"Obviously." Aislynn agreed. 

"I told your father you would be able to... he would be able to see you wear a crown on your head before he died."  Daemon remarked, she took another long swig. 

"Talking about death already? You two have such little faith in me. I told you this is the long game, Dae." Aislynn reminded him. 

"Your father brought it up." Daemon corrected. "He lacks faith, I trust you completely." 

"What happens if I fail? You think Rhaenyra will strike against Alicent's children, again me?" Aislynn pondered. 

"No... maybe." Daemon offered with a shrug he reached for the bottle but she gripped it tight. 

"Maybe, did you just fucking shrug?" Aislynn demanded. 

"No." Daemon corrected slowly. Aislynn glared back at him, it would usually be very damn sexy if he saw her giving the death glare to someone but it was unsettling when it was directed at him. 

"Aislynn, I just meant she wont touch you, I wont let her." Daemon assured. 

"I love you, but you are foolish." Aislynn corrected. 

"I have a feeling you are going to tell me why..." Daemon offered. 

"I love you, remember that I say this with love." AIslynn went on. 

"Gods." Daemon grumbled. 

"You are ignorant like Viserys if you think you can protect me and the children if Rhaenyra takes the throne." 

"Why is that?" Daemon countered. 

"Because you will be a challenge as well." Aislynn reminded him. "You will be a challenge, she knows you want the throne. She will take you out too." 

"Give me a drink." Daemon instructed. 

"Did you hear me? There is no losing, if Rhaenyra gets the throne our lives are in danger." Aislynn remarked. "I need you sharp."

"I am sharp. I will keep you safe and if she gets the throne I will kill her. Happy?" Daemon offered. 

"We dont want a rebellion." Aislynn corrected. "We need to be smart about this. We need to manipulate Lyonel,  if thats possible at this point, he is just as much a cunt as Rhaenyra and Harwin." AIslynn grumbled. Daemon reached for the bottle but she threw it, the bottle sailed through the clouds. 

"What the fuck?"

"I need you sober for whats to come." 

"Sober? I can't remember the last time I was sober." Daemon countered. 

"Me either." Aislynn agreed. "Which is why we need to use all our brain power to try and figure this out. She will be spinning lies and we will need to fight fire with fire." 

"Ale feeds the fire." Daemon remarked. 

"I'm looking for more of a controlled burn."