32. Scare a Dragon

'Dance with me gorgeous." Daemon instructed reaching out for Aislynn her smile grew as he spun her to him. Alicent's jaw dropped. 

"Him?" Alicent whispered leaning towards their father. Otto's gaze shifted to Aislynn he had never seen her smile like that before. Not for any man. 

''I know who it is.'' Joffrey mused to Laenor. "The handsome paramour."

"Who?''

''Ser Criston Cole.'' Joffrey remarked

''Her sworn protector?'' Laenor countered looking across the dance floor to him.

''Look at him. The man is fully cunt-struck.'' Joffrey agreed

"Not enjoying the party Ali?" Arthur questioned.

"After that entrance everything must be a bore." John added.

"I knew you would look good in red." Daemon purred against her. 

"Well someone tore my dress in half." Aislynn reminded him. 

"Good thing I had planned on stripping you and had an extra ready." 

"You do that often? Strip women and give them red dresses." Aislynn mused. He brought his lips to her neck. 

"Only you gorgeous." Daemon corrected. 

''I believe Ser Criston has bloodied that white cloak of his with your bride's maidenhead.'' Joffrey sniggered

''Oh, keep your voice down.'' Laenor hissed

''This is a good thing. She knows your secret... and now you know hers.'' Joffrey offered walking off.

"Excuse me, my little boy needs me." Aislynn pressed a kiss to Daemon's cheek before moving back to Finn. Aislynn smiled as she ducked under Finn's hand as she tried to spin.

"As long as I get the last dance." daemon agreed. 

''They make a handsome match, don't they?'' Joffrey questioned.

''What?'' Criston questioned turning to Joffrey.

''Well, the Princess and Ser Laenor.'' Joffrey told him smugly. ''Ser Joffrey Lonmouth, or the Knight of Kisses, they call me, though I don't know why.'' He introduced.

'' I'm on watch. What's your business?''

''You don't know me, Ser Criston. But we are both deeply invested in this union.''

''If you have something to say, Ser Joffrey, speak it.'' Criston hissed

''Ser Laenor is quite dear to me. As I know... the Princess is to you. We should swear to each other to guard them, and their secrets, because if those are kept safe... then so are we all'' Joffrey told him.

Harwin was dancing with Rhaenyra when a deafening scream rang out. He picked her up immediately and got her away from the madness that circled around them. 

It was madness as everyone tried to get away from the fighting, pushing and shoving. Aislynn didnt know what was going on. She held Finn to her confused.

Joffrey felt lightheaded blood trickled from his nose as Criston beat joffrey to a pulp.

"What in the Seven Hells is going on?"

"Stop this!" Corlys demanded

''Where's Rhaenyra?'' Viserys shouted.

''Put me down!'' Rhaenyra declared as Harwin carried her over his shoulder leading her away.  Before Aislynn knew it Daemon was beside her. 

"You alright?" Daemon whispered resting his forehead against her. 

"Yes." Aislynn agreed but she liked that he checked on her. She grabbed his hand keeping him beside her. 

+

"The love of the Seven is holy and eternal. The source of life and love. We stand here tonight in thanks and praise to join two souls as one." The high septon began. ''Father... Mother... Warrior... Smith... Maiden... Crone... Stranger. Hear now their vows.'' Rhaenyra stared across at a weepy Laenor, for he had just lost the true love of his life.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Laenor said sadly.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Rhaenyra whispered back and kissed the corner of his lips.

"You can really feel the love." AIslynn murmured. Daemon chuckled running a hand up and down her spine. 

''Here, in the presence of gods and men, I proclaim... Laenor of House Velaryon... Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, to be man and wife. One flesh... one heart... one soul... now and forever.'' The high septon declared as Viserys collapsed to the ground before them. AIslynn pulled Finn and ALicent back everyone else swarmed the king.

"Come on." Aislynn whispered as ALicent tensed. Tommy took Finn, knowing that look Aislynn got when she needed girl talk. "Dont go anywhere." Aislynn told Daemon before she headed out. 

 THey walked the gardens as the maesters tended to Viserys. Daemon watched her go. Tommy rose a curious brow. Daemon? Really? Him? Tommy wasnt buying it.

"He's not going to die." AIslynn offered. Alicent glanced back at her debating if that was what she wanted to hear. "After your performance tonight, you best hope not. You practically declared war."

"It was your idea." Alicent countered.

"Yes but I didnt think you would do it." Aislynn countered.

"Lynnie!" Alicent shouted.

"What? Come on, come on baby girl, I got you. I'm not leaving. I wont let those cunts hurt you." Aislynn assured.

"You want to talk about it?" Alicent countered.

"Not the foggiest what you mean." Aislynn mused.

"Daemon." Alicent offered. 

"He is handsome and a good dancer." Aislynn remarked. 

"Where did you get that dress?" Alicnt pushed. 

"Daemon got it for me." Aislynn offered innocently, thought best to keep he ripped my other one, tore it right down the middle and I'm still tingling with excitement for more to herself. "He's not what I expected, He's really- for heavens sake Criston!" Aislynn shouted and he looked up at them. "Drop the damn blade. Whats the matter with you?" Aislynn shouted marching up to him. "I'm having a little mini crisis of lovers and bad boys and you want to add to that and bleed all over the ground." She took the blade from him. "I dont fucking think so."

"My lady-"

"Yes. Stand up." Aislynn demanded. Criston slowly rose to his feet. "What you did today was sexy. Sure it was stupid-"

"Aislynn likes violence." ALicent added softly.

"-but who cares about him?" Aislynn offered. "We dont. We care about you. Well... we could." Aislynn corrected. "Dont be an idiot."

"I dishonored-"

"Yeah, you did. A lot. Rhaenyra makes people turn into idiots." Aislynn agreed. "Men. She makes men turn into cunt struck idiots it seems but whatever." Alicent chuckled stepping forward.

"I think what my sister means is that you wont be in Rhaenyra's service anymore. You will be in mine." Alicent remarked.

"Your grace-"

"Yes. Queen bitch right here. Oh wait thats me." Aislynn agreed as she stomped off.

"Lynnie-"

"I'm fucking fine." AIslynn screeched as she got farther into the gardens. Criston looked to Alicent. "I think I'm in love." Aislynn whispered. 

Aislynn was glad her brothers ended her unions previously but now she had a man in her sights that she thought she wanted forever and hoped her brothers couldn't scare off a dragon.