33| Tobi

~Not everyone has the same heart as you~

Evangeline's PoV
I woke up in my bed back at Tobias' home. I didn't move an inch as my eyes darted around the room. I haven't been here in a while and everything looks exactly the same.

I was under the duvet, still wearing the black dress from yesterday. I guess I must've fallen asleep at the cemetery at some point during my breakdown. I let out a sigh as I blinked back tears threatening to fall.

Three knocks sounded throughout my room before the door opened by a crack. "Just came to check on you," Theodore said quietly.

"I just wanted to be alone for a few minutes," I told him. He nodded his head and closed the door. I closed my eyes for a moment before deciding to shower. Getting to the shower took a while since I was still struggling to walk.

I stood naked in front of the mirror, just staring at my body. I saw little scars from cuts and the long scar I had going from my upper thigh to my knee. I was going to have a new scar to add to my collection.

I looked away from my body as disgust washed over me. I hated the scars. I hated looking at them. I hated it all. I carefully walked over to the shower and got in.

Thirty minutes later, just as I was about to get out of the shower, I slipped as I tried reaching for my towel. I let out a scream in agony as the fast movement caused a sharp pain to hit me repeatedly in my wound.

"Evangeline!," I heard Tobias shouting as I stormed into my room. He banged on the bathroom door before opening it slightly, making sure to not look in.

"Tobias, i fell," I gasped out as I kept my hand firmly pressed into the wound.

"Fuck," he mumbled. "Is it bleeding?"

"Y-Yeah," I shuddered out, not daring to move an inch from the pain.

"I'm coming in," he said.

"Wait!," I said loudly, before gasping. "Just throw me my towel first."

He pushed the door open fully and had his hand covering his eyes as I laid silently hoping he wasn't peeking. After giving him directions to the towel, he threw it at me and waited for me to cover up.

I just threw the towel on top of me, unable to wrap it around me. "You can look." Instantly, he moved his hand from his eyes before coming to my side. "I-I can't move,"
I told him.

Without a word, he put his arms under me. Feeling my bare back, he held the sides of the towel tightly together under me as he lifted me up. Not even caring that his shirt was getting wet, he held me to his chest as he carried me to my bed. He sat me down and wrapped the towel around me properly.

Since I've woken up, he seems much more caring than he did before. Him wrapping the towel around me surprised me. Yesterday at the funeral, he was my support system. Without him, I have no idea what I would've done.

"I'll go get a new bandage for you," he said. "I'll get you one of my shirts too. It'll be much easier to get into."

I sat waiting patiently for him for a few minutes before deciding to put some panties on. I would wear a bra but I'd much rather feel comfortable. Feeling thankful that I put one on my bed before I slipped it on with a little struggle.