XXXVIII. liar number one

anupamaa :

And I heard him say,
"I missed you so much, Rittika."

I could have thrown a vase at him if he meant the words, but by the overly dramatic tone, I knew he was lying.
Except, Rittika didn't know that.

I sat back in the living room of my apartment, with the bluetooth earbud he had got me.
As I heard his conversation with his ex girlfriend at some cafe.

After doing world-class planning and critical psychology analysis Vanraj Shah had come to the conclusion that both Amit and Rittika were together in this.
After realising how he knew human psychology so well, I realised he had the complete potential to become an extraordinarily Indian television vamp,
And honestly,
He'd make a hot one.

So now he was using his manipulative skills to convince Rittika of his true love, so that he could get slightly more information about Amit.

As of our expenses, both of us were used to saving more than spending, so that left us a lot of money in the bank accounts and fixed deposits.
We could easily afford another six months, but I didn't want that much delay.

Being jobless is pretty painful, honestly.
Especially because of nasty idiots like Amit.

"I always knew it Vanraj.. after all, the only person you truly loved is me.", She said, sounding all emotional.
Yes darling. Until say a few years back.

I drew in a sharp breath.
As odd as it was, and completely beyond my overly nice devi type nature, I had become extensively possesive of Mister Shah.

This morning he had bumped into Kavya and I swear I had felt all sorts of annoyance through my being.
It was more because Kavya had an uncanny resemblance to Rittika.
Both were stylish women, loved the same perfume, had the same eye colour and had a thing for hot men.

So I had clearly mentioned to her with a forced smile,
"Kavya, this is my boyfriend. Vanraj Shah."
She had awkwardly nodded, settling her hair and trying hard to look away from his face.
Until I had mentioned,
"He's like your older brother, maybe tie the rakhi to him this year."

Both had looked at me with shocked expressions, while I casually smiled and walked away feeling satisfied.

"..but Rittika.. what Amit did—"
"Ah, just don't talk about that idiot!", She said in annoyance.

"I married him thinking he's at least rich but he's so full of himself, it's impossible to stay with him. You were so nice, I'd ask you to bring something and you'd do everything possible to get that for me. While Amit couldn't care less.", she stated, sounding exasperated.

So basically you needed a delivery boy in the name of husband.

"I understand.", Vanraj Shah said.
I could tell he was trying very hard to not say something particularly nasty to her.
She was so absolutely unapologetical.

"So.."
"Ah yes. See the thing about your job, I can talk to Amit and see. But.. how do I trust you? What if you are lying?", She asked.

Ah so she does have two brain cells.

I knew he smiled before fishing out the solitaire diamond ring from the breast pocket of his shirt.

He placed it before her.

"Oh my God! This is so so pretty!", She squealed in happiness.
"So, now do you trust me?", He asked.
"Of course!", She replied.

Of all women on planet, this man had fallen in love with her.
Baa was right when she called him gadhedo.
He absolutely was.
Maybe he too had earned a few grey cells because of staying with me.

"So.. will you please talk to Amit.. ", he asked, sounding soft.
There was a pause.
"It's just about your job right? Anupamaa is not involved?", She asked.

He immediately said,
"No no.. of course not. I don't even care about her. Haha."

Liar number 1 for a reason.

"Good. Then come over to my house this evening.", She said, and then her voice dropped down to a whisper,
"We will have some fun."

Can I kill someone without going to jail?
Please.

•••