1 • kaz is an arse • 1

𝓣/𝓦 𝓕𝓞𝓡 𝓣𝓗𝓘𝓢 (𝓔𝓝𝓣𝓘𝓡𝓔) 𝓑𝓞𝓞𝓚 𝓘𝓝𝓒𝓛𝓤𝓓𝓔𝓢,,,

𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓻𝓾𝓰𝓼, 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓹𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓭𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓪𝓵, 𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓪𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓮, 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓹𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓪𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓮, 𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓶, 𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓫𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓭 & 𝓴𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓼 (𝓬𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰), 𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓰𝓾𝓷𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓴𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝔀𝓮𝓪𝓹𝓸𝓷𝓼, 𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓼𝓱 𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 (𝔀𝓮 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓴𝓪𝔃 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓪𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓯𝓻 𝓯𝓻), 𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓰𝓪𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰, 𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱, 𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓪𝓵𝓬𝓸𝓱𝓸𝓵, 𝓼𝔀𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼, 𝓱𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓵𝔂 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓽/𝔀 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓱𝓪𝓼 :)

kaz didn't understand the school system. no matter how many people tried to put the importance of structured, academic education into his brain it never stuck. some took on kind, nurturing approaches and some took on forceful, borderline abusive ones, however anyone who spoke to him were cut by his quick witted tongue in a matter of minutes. plus, he was smart. he knew what he was doing and no one could doubt that, even if they wanted to.

"mister brekker. I would like to formally apologize for mister geels'....lack of professionalism in the classroom."

kaz said nothing in response but instead opted to staring at the older man in his cheap, teacher-grade suit and an awkward silence filled the room. it wasn't long before a look of realization came over the older man's face and he started to speak slowly with hand movements, as if to help the younger teen understand his words. he looked rather ridiculous.

"I, me," the man pointed to himself, "am sorry. sor-ry," it was painful to hear him elongate his words, though kaz's dark eyes kept their cold stare. "that mister geels, teach-er geels was bad. he was not good to you." he finished his sentence with a pointed finger at the younger man.

the silence continued on for an aching couple of seconds before kaz cleared his throat and let his eyes wander to the window on the left side of the room in a disinterested, seemingly disgusted manor. he reached up and brushed the hair away from his face before finally contributing something into the conversation.

"I am fully capable of speaking, processing, and comprehending the english language."

humiliation was quick to wash over the older man's face in a flash of red colour and panic. "oh- I'm sorry. I didn't know."

kaz hummed.

"I thought because you were....not from around here you may have a slight problem with...well, with understanding me. mister geels said that you had challenged him and didn't always listen, and I assumed it was because you didn't-"

"you assumed?"

the older man's jaw snapped shut and he nodded. he wasn't a fan of falling into the trap of kaz brekker's clear superiority but it was too late. he was unable to claw his way back out.

"yes, I assumed."

"assumptions aren't fact. assumptions lead to false accusations and false accusations are deadly. they cause people to make fools of themselves, mister bolliger."