7 • jesper is living through a series of unfortunate events • 7

jesper didn't understand that why when he woke and tried to sit up, he began to fall. the drop was only a couple of feet however it harshly knocked the wind from his lungs and caused him to lay on the ground, waiting for the ache that had flashed through his back to fade. normally he'd be quicker to his feet, however he was still fighting off the effects of the drug. or rather drugs, plural.

he still wasn't completely sure what had happened, although he had some sort of idea as to what had gone down. unfortunately, the longer he thought about it the more uncomfortable he became.

the guy that was sitting beside him at the table had been able to easily take over his vulnerability. the guy had been able to stop his bodily functions with a single sip from a flask and just...do what he wanted. a shiver ran over jesper's skin as he thought of the guys fingers going to his lips and pouring the white powder into his mouth. it made him sick to his stomach, and before he could control himself he was clumsily grabbing onto a counter and pulling himself to his feet before letting go of the contents of his stomach into a sink. it wasn't much - just bile and such, but it burned his throat.

jesper stood there for a couple of moments as he listened to his heaving breaths and tried to clear his head. he wasn't sure where he was, but he didn't really recognize the layout. the kitchen was somewhat odd and held many plants, of which were all living. it struck him as strange since he didn't think any of the crows as real plant people, but before he continued on his search of the room he turned on the tap and took some water into his mouth.

jesper swooshed the water for a couple of seconds before pausing, feeling the hair on the back of his neck stand. in one swift movement he swallowed the water, grabbed his guns, and turned to person standing in the room with him. the person quickly raised their hands in response and in doing so spilled water all over their shirt. once jesper recognized the teen as the same from from the night of the party he sighed, lowered his weapons, and dropped his head.

"you don't need those in here."

jesper knew the teen was referring to his guns, but he didn't put them down. it was a sort of safety net for him, and when he finally looked back up at the guy he saw him place down the glass of water he had been holding and grab a tea-towel to dry off.

"doesn't matter- I'm still gonna hold onto them, if that's fine with you."

the teen shrugged and jesper watched as his eyes locked onto the guns, clearly uncomfortable.

"I'm not sure why you even need them. I haven't met any minors before who just carry around fully loaded weapons."

jesper scoffed.

"we're in a city. it's safety more than anything, sweetcheeks."

a blush was quick to fall over the other guys face, and if jesper didn't feel so nauseous and out of tune he would have felt a slight sense of pride. instead, his hands tightened around his guns as he tried to fight the urge not to faint to the floor.

"so where are we? who are you, really?"

"you're in my house," the guy said. "and my name is wylan. kaz said that you have to stay here for a couple of days until-"

"you spoke to kaz?"

wylan nodded.

"yeah. him and the girl with the braid-"

"inej."

"okay. inej. him and inej brought you in a little while ago."

as the information sunk in jesper began to feel a pang of hurt. neither inej or kaz had waited to see if he was alright, they just dumped him at some rando's place and called it a day. he looked away from wylan as annoyance fell over his features, and when he did the front door came into view. he then made an impulse decision to go to said front door. wylan was quick to follow.