iii. holly, jolly

"𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠!"

; 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑
𝐚 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ;

It was the next morning and the boys were crowded around in Mike's basement, like they always seemed to be. They four were standing around their DND table while Eleven was curled up on the couch behind them as she played around with Mike's walkie.

"We just tell our parents, and aunt,-" Mike looked at Sebastien, getting a finger gun and a wink back. "-we have AV club after school. That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood."

"You seriously think that weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas peeks around Mike to look at her.

"Just trust me on this, okay?" Mike nods.

The boys nod back.

"Did you get the supplies?" He asks.

"Yeah." Lucas answers, leaning down to pull things out of his bag. "Binoculars... from 'Nam. Army knife... also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandanna... and the wrist rocket." He smirks as he holds up the last item.

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a sling-shot?" Dustin looks at him in disbelief.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up." Lucas argued. "But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shut it in the eye..." He shoots the empty slingshot, making the boys flinch. "...and blind it!" He smiles.

Mike sighs. "Dustin, what did you get?"

Dustin picks up his backpack and dumps out all of its contents. Which is just a bunch of snacks. "Well, alrighty. So, we've got... Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix." He smiles up at his friends.

"Dustin, what the hell is this?" Sebastien looked at him confused.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina." Dustin counters. "And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have her." He throws an arm in Eleven's direction.

"She shut one door!" Lucas exclaimed.

"With her mind!" Dustin said back. "Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. Like..." He walks over and picks up a model of a star wars ship. "I bet that she could make this fly. Hey. Hey. Okay, concentrate. Okay?" Dustin smiles at Eleven.