viii. the upside down

"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐬

"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐬."

; 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑
𝐚 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ;

⊳   ⊲

Sebastien was tired. He was so tired. After what he did earlier with the vines, he's been so drained. And no matter how long he rested, he hadn't gotten any better. He hoped El wasn't feeling how he was as he glanced at her next to him.

A hand ran through his hair and Sebastien wanted to fall asleep. He was resting against his Aunt Devina, as she was the only one still in the gym with the kids.

Mike suddenly shot up, making everyone confused. They all watched as he headed for the doors.

"Mike, where are you going?" Devina sat up straight.

She was in charge of these kids, and she wasn't going to let anything happen to them.

After a minute, before Devina could even get up to follow after him, the Wheeler boy walked back into the gym with an annoyed expression.

"They're gone."

"What?" Lucas was the first to react.

Sebastien pushed himself off his aunt and stared at Mike.

"Nancy, Koda, and Jonathan. His car's gone." Mike explained.

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere." Dustin shrugged.

Sebastien grimaced. "What? All three of them?"