Chapter 19

4/5/23

4/5/23.

AEW Dynamite

Long Island NY.

CHAPTER 19: Why Can't We Be Friends?

I have no business being on Dynamite tonight but you see, I had to come.

You see, I have a bone to pick with a snitch.

That snitch is Darby Allin.

He told my dad about what happened during last month, the night we shared a hotel room, the night I was insulting him.

So I could care less about the little ceremony MJF was going to have tonight.

Since Darby was going to be up somewhere in the rafters, I decided to go up there too and look around for him. Down below was a huge crowd and MJF's little celebration was live right now, I could see from down below that he had an entire jazz group at the entrance of the arena and a podium inside the ring that also had the key to long Island or whatever. Plus the AEW title.

I even heard MJF sing, surprisingly the guy didn't sound too bad, he's pretty good. After having a moment to sing an upbeat jazz song, he proudly went down to the ring. He entered the ring, stood at the podium and spoke about his life in school, about his teacher who talked down on him and etc. Then he called Sammy Guevara and Darby Allin losers but called Jungle Boy the biggest loser.

Though I disagree that he called Jungle Boy Jack Perry "the biggest loser" in my opinion, the real biggest loser is Darby Allin.

But with MJF's ceremony was now ruined by Jungle Boy, I saw Sammy Guevara came out after MJF and Jungle Boy had a fight.

Sammy pretty much triggered MJF by picking up his belt, luckily MJF and Jungle Boy were being held back by security guards.

As Sammy was now making his way down the ring for his match, that's when I really didn't pay any mind. I didn't care for Sammy's match, wasn't interested.

My mind was more focused on looking for Darby so I walked around in the rafters until I spotted him looking down below, watching Sammy's match.

He seemed to have a new face paint at the side of his face. Surprised that he didn't made it look like my dad's facepaint, or else I would've been pissed.

Then again, I get pissed at anything he does.

No surprise there.

I went over to him and gave him a little shove.

"Hey, man. So what's up with you squealing on me? Huh?........What do you think this is? Preschool or some shit??......" I hissed.

Darby didn't act surprise, it's as if he's getting use to me being triggered. He kept casual while he still kept his eyes down at Sammy's match.

I felt that he was ignoring me so I got all up in his space, feeling myself become impatient and irritated. "Answer me you piece of shit......" I spoke sharply with gritted teeth.

He still didn't turn to look at me but he responded "I didn't squeal, he knew that I was lying so I decided to tell him the truth. Besides, I wasn't keen on covering up for an ungrateful meat head like you" he casually said.

I closed my hand into a tight fist "What the hell did you say??....."

Darby soon turned to me, placing a finger a pon his lips "Shhhhhh. Be quiet. I'm trying to concentrate" he nonchalantly told me then glances back down to watch the match some more.

I don't know if he did that to trigger me but it seem to work, while I felt myself breathing heavy "Ohhh you son of a-"

I was about to strike him but immediately stopped when I noticed Sammy speaking on the microphone. I didn't realize that he won the match against his opponent.

But I took a step back and gandered down below, listening to Sammy speak. Talking crap about MJF's ceremony and said a few words of being loyal and whatnot. There was a bit where Sammy said screw Jungle Boy, screw Darby Allin and screw MJF.

I hear myself chuckling in my thoughts when I heard Sammy says screw Darby Allin. I couldn't agree more, Darby is just a menace to the entire wrestling society, I don't mean that as a compliment either.

After Sammy finished talking, he left to head backstage while my attention was now back on Darby, who now stood completely straight and turned to me.

"Let me ask you something, Ryan. Why can't we be friends? Huh? Answer me that"

I just stood, staring at him spitefully "You know exactly why...." I said then clenched my jaw tightly.

He was quiet for a bit while I watch him take a moment to think, then he gazed at me carefully.

"No matter how stubborn you are. Whether you like the idea or not. I want us to get along. We need to work together. Give it some consideration" Darby suggested then went to pass by me, making his way out the rafters and return backstage.

Give it consideration? Are you kidding me?? No! This scumbag needs to realize and deal with the fact that I'll never be friends with him!

I'd be caught dead if I went to shake his hand and call it a truce.

So afterwards, I left the bleachers while wondering what plan Tony Khan has in store for me in the future for AEW.