Chapter 54. Cloaked

There's this thing about being a surgeon...

I walk into the hospital holding my coffee paper cup annoyed while Jade follows me.

maybe it's pride or maybe it's just about being tough...but a true surgeon never admits they need help unless absolutely necessary.

Jade presses the elevator button "What are your other symptoms?"

"Except my magic is diminishing, Elijah maybe dumped me for the second time and I feel nauseous all the time" Jade nods as we get into the elevator "Okay, there's the father thing...the mother thing...mmm"

"You have too many things."

I glare at her "I can't sleep. I can't sleep without the nightmares."

Jade steps out of the elevator "And the panic attacks."

Surgeons don't need to ask for help

I follow her "I'm freaking pregnant with a dead person but I'm good, I can do this alone"

"Okay, you still cooking miracle inside you"

As we walk on the catwalk together "I will talk to Chief Webber and you stay here no flirting no move"

Jade nods "No move" I raise my eyebrows "No flirting"

'cause they're tougher than that. Surgeons are cowboys rough around the edges, hard-core.

In the Chief's office, I sit on the chair facing Richard who sits at his desk. I give him paper "This is a sealed paper from the army. Elijah received an emergency summons to return to Iraq"

ٌRichard wonders "Will someone cover the Ortho?"

I smile "Don't worry he prepared Callie to take over if that happened, I guess he was giving you a heads up"

Richard nods "Yes, Thanks" he smiles "Don't be late for your round" 

Least, that's what they want you to think.

I walk outside and find Mark and Jade laughing together "Ah, good morning."

Mark smiles "Oh, perfect timing. Trout for breakfast."

Jade says "I just told him that Elijah went to Iraq"

Mark says "Actually he sent me a message this morning with the tasks and calendar for your routine"

I give him a confusing look "Mm-hmm" Jade gives me a confusing look "Really?"

Mark nods and shows me the message "See" Jade and I share a look and I turn to Mark with a smile and he smiles put his phone in his pocket "Let's not late for the rounds"

Jade nods "I will see you after your shift"

I nod "Okay"

♡ Epic Love ♡

Richard and Derek walk up to the nurse's station where Erica is standing,  Richard says "Erica Hahn...first day."

Erica says "Oh, first day indeed, and a mountain of paperwork to prove it."

Richard says "Derek Shepherd, you know Erica Hahn."

Derek says "You're the new Burke."

Mark and I walk up.

Richard says "And this is Dr. Mark Sloan, head of plastics. Erica Hahn."

Mark says "Ah, the new Burke."