Chapter 67. Crescent City

In Mikaelson's compound, I sit on the couch watching Elijah who crouches down to examine Papa Tunde's corpse, while Marcel and Klaus stand beside him and watch. Klaus sarcastic "Can I get you anything, brother? Scalpel? A magnifying glass? A pipe, perhaps?"

Elijah looks at him "You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?"

Marcel says "Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep."

I say "It's rather a large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?"

Klaus says "Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the two of us as well. If he was supposed to be the prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?"

Rebekah arrives and joins us "Well, don't you look cheery. Listen to this-- A girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving a tour of the city of the dead. It was Monique Deveraux."

"What?"

"The tourists thought it was part of the show, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle."

Marcel says "Maybe it is. They think that all hope is lost, but now suddenly a Harvest girl is resurrected. This is how we're gonna get Davina back-– kill the witch who took her place."

Hayley returns home "I have a theory about who one of them could be. Celeste. I mean, it's got to be. Davina was trying to tell us, she was drawing pictures of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil is coming."

Klaus says "First, Papa Tunde returns to settle old scores, now your murdered lover is back. This isn't witches attacking vampires. They're declaring war on us."

♡ Epic Love ♡

In the study, Rebekah, I and Elijah are talking. Rebekah goes to the bar and pours herself a drink "It's not too early for scotch, is it, with all the witchy shenanigans and subterfuge afoot?"

Elijah says "It is entirely too early if one intends to drive, yes."

I groan "I miss drinking but I must be healthy"

Elijah kiss my head "Soon love, we will back and I will get you and Rebekah from night clubs"

I hit his chest laughing.

Rebekah laughs "Funny, I don't have any plans to go anywhere."

Elijah says "She's not safe here. You have to take Hayley to the plantation house until this is over."

Rebekah wonders "Are you worried about Hayley, or whether or not you can trust me?"

"It's precisely because I trust you that I'm asking you to do this."

"Here's a novel idea-- why don't you let Hayley decide for herself? Why are you dictating her fate?"

I give Rebekah a look "You know why."

"Then perhaps he should take her yourself."

Elijah: Well, then that would make me the very hypocrite you've accused me of being. My actions, however... So, would you kindly do this for me?"

"You know the mama wolf loves to be told what to do. She's not gonna like it. But I will do it for you, if only to end this silly quarrel between the two of us." Rebekah leaves the room. 

I turn to him lean on my hand "Elijah?"

"Yes"

"Something wrong with the witches, I swear, I feel it on the air"