Crossing paths

It the next day. I woke up and I realize I have overslept and I only have 15 min till breakfast time is over , so it get up and quickly get dressed , comb through my tangled hair. I run trough the halls to get to the Great Hall to grab breakfast . I abruptly hit against something.It was rock hard. I look down and I see a pile of books on the floor.

„Hi, there. You may wanna slow down before causing more trouble."somebody says.

I swallow , my throat felt dry and I lifted my head just to see his face.It was the new guy, and I just ran into his muscular chest.He was giving me a sly grin.Our eyes where practically melting into each other.

"I-... I'm so sorry." I said while blushing of embarrassment.

"No need to apologize , but ...I will only forgive you under one condition.You have to show me around Hogwarts since I'm new here , maybe when all of our classes are done?" He says ,that smirk still lighting up his face.

"Oh... Sure"I was taken back by what he said.

Was he flirting with me or is this all just in my head ?

"I was also the new student last year, so I'm not the best guide but it will try to give you the best tour of Hogwarts, if that means I'm not in trouble." I said giving him a smile back to be polite.

"Thank you" there was a short break in our conversation before he adds "Sorry , I'm being awfully rude . I haven't given you my name ,and I am asking you to give me a tour. Let me introduce myself. I'm Damien Dark."He reaches out his head.

I reach my hand out to accept his handshake." My name is Y/n Y/l/n, and I'm being awfully clumsy today." I answer him.

Y/n what are you doing , am I flirting back ?

Before I could think more about it I reaching out to grab his books that were lying all over on the floor.

He had the same thing in mind and without a warning our hand touched.His skin brushing mine.It felt cold but soft.In that moment I felt like a lightning shot through my entire body.I shriek , my body was feeling a tingly sensation. He swiftly pull his hand back to his body. And I just handed him his books.

Hmm that was strange...

"He- Here are your books, if you will excuse me I have to run to the Great Hall to at least have a chance to get one bite of something."I stated. I didn't look into his eyes.

"Then I guess it's my time to apologize ,for keeping you from getting breakfast. See you in potions class, awfully clumsy girl!" He yells at me while laughing .I was already running towards the Great Hall.

I was lucky there was still some food. The only muffin that was left I took with me and I ate it on my way to potions class.

I sat down next to Poppy. We talked a little before class.I told her about my worries and she reassured me that everything I was scared of was not real , I was just overthinking.

"I'm always here for you , you know that ,don't be shy and come to me if you have anything weighing on your chest." She gave me a reassuring smile while telling me that."Also would never think of you as a monster, you did what you had to do to protect your loved once. Your so selfless und need to take better care of yourself. You can't play the Hero all the time ."