THIRTY TWO ; TRIOLOGY RULES

september 5th , 2000

Molly hated police stations

Molly hated police stations. She always had. So she stuck extremely close to Stu and Billy the next morning as they stood with Gale, Dewey and Mark Kincaid in his office.

Dewey had explained the whole night's events to the detective, all the way from the phone call Molly recieved that evening and them coming to tell him, to Jennifer's house blowing up and the two pictures the killer left.

And in return, Kincaid told them that Monty Lipton was missing.

Molly hadn't listened to much else after he said that. She wasn't exactly thinking about what he said either. Somehow, she'd already known Monty had escaped prison, and hearing Kincaid say it was only fact checking.

She was tense. Stu and Billy were tense. And they were exhausted. Listening to Kincaid drone on in his office wasn't helping their outlook or mental state.

"Whoever it is, is now taking credit for Maureen Prescott's murder, and knew about Lipton before the public did." Kincaid was saying.

"But we know who killed Maureen Prescott!" Gale said. "It was Lipton. I mean he even told Sidney and Molly how he did it!" She gestured to the three young adults standing together quietly.

"Yeah, but if I'm not mistaken, you said in your book that Sidney got it wrong before." Kincaid inquired. "She accused Cotton Weary of murdering her mother, and he was sent away for it. Maybe there is a fourth killer."

"There's not." Billy said sternly. Kincaid turned to him. "I watched Monty kill Maureen, detective. Me and Stu both did. It was him."

"So then who would want to take credit for it?" Kincaid asked.

"We've already told you. We don't know-"

"But Sidney might." Kincaid cut Billy off, earning a harsh glare. "She might know something." The detective stood up to stand level with Billy, and they glared at each other sternly.