Chapter 4 The Host

The next day, Hannah was in her room sulking since she didn't have school that day due to spring break. She didn't feel like going out because losing her amulet had taken a toll on her. She felt like without her powers she wouldn't be able to be a Rainbow Squad any more. While Amanda tried reassuring her that she was still a squad no matter what, she wasn't convinced.

Meanwhile Daniel was in the kitchen making himself a sandwich when he heard a knock on the door. Daniel got up from his seat to go see who was at the door. He walked up to the door and looked through the peephole and saw Hannah's friends and their pets standing on the stairway. Daniel smiled upon seeing them as he saw his little sister was pretty sad from losing her necklace so he hoped her friends could help her feel better. So he unlocked the door and opened it up; he greeted her friends with a bright smile on his face.

"Hey there, how are you all doing?" Daniel asked.

"We're doing alright, just wanted to see how Hannah's doing," Jake explained.

"She's doing somewhat alright, although she's still sad about losing her necklace yesterday," Daniel explained.

"We know and that's why we're here to try and help her feel better!" Iris explained.

"Thanks guys she's still in her room so you all head up there and help her out," Daniel said.

"Thanks Dan, we really appreciate your help." Jane said.

The Squads all went up to Hannah's room while Daniel went back to making his sandwich and chips. Meanwhile Hannah was still in her room with the curtains drawn, looking up at the ceiling all sad. "Okay Hannah you need to get up. You haven't even changed clothes or washed your face!" Amanda exclaimed worriedly.

"I don't feel like getting up today Amanda," Hannah said sadly.

"Hey listen I know you're upset about your amulet getting stolen but you still need to take care of yourself!" Amanda explained.

"Yeah Hannah you can't just stop taking care of yourself just because your amulet is gone," Hannah heard Jenny say.

Hannah sat up and looked towards her door and saw her friends coming into her room. "Guys, what are you all doing here?" Hannah asked.

"We were worried about you so we wanted to come to see how you were doing," Jake explained.

"Guys, I'm fine, alright, you all don't need to worry about me," Hannah replied, trying to reassure her friends.

"Hannah, we know you're not. You're saying the same thing my little sister does when she tries keeping how she feels away from our parents," Erick explained.

"Guys I swear I'm fine alright?" Hannah asked.

"Hannah you might say you're fine but we all know you're not. I know you're upset over losing your amulet, but don't worry we're going to get it back," Iris tried reassuring Hannah.

"But we don't know what Shade has done with it and we don't know if either he or Adrienne had destroyed it yet," Hannah explained with worry in her voice.

"Don't worry Hannah, your amulet can't be destroyed; it has a very powerful magical barrier protecting it," Iris explained.

"Okay well that helps me feel better a little bit, but that's not the only thing I'm upset about," Hannah said.

"Really? What else are you upset about? I'm sure whatever it is we can help you out with it," Lila said.

"Well last night when I came back up here from watching Transformers Prime and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I saw that the science project Miss Celine entrusted me with was missing from its container," Hannah explained.