Chapter 13 The Fairies

Two days later, the Squads spent two days within the mermaid kingdom resting from the battle they had with Adrienne. Queen Coral used her magic to grant them all the ability to breathe underwater so they wouldn't need to rely on the fruit. Once it was time for them to go they all began preparing for the next kingdom. However Melody wasn't too happy that they were leaving as she was hoping to spend more time with Josh. She sat in her room wondering what she could do as she didn't want Josh to leave just yet.

"Hey Sis, how are you doing?" Kai asked his sister as he swam into her room.

"Not good, I-I kinda wanted the Squads to stay here longer, but they need to go because they have to help protect the other kingdoms," Melody explained sadly.

"Hmm... Oh I know! Why don't you ask Mom if you could go with them?" Kai suggested.

"Go with them? Are you sure about that Bro?" Melody asked.

"Yeah after all I have seen how you've been looking at that Josh boy," Kai explained teasingly.

Melody blushed at what her brother said, and responded, "Um I-I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Hehe you do know sis! You're in love!" Kai teased.

Melody blushed more at her brother's teasing, and she hid her face in her hands.

"Hehe Come-on sis lets go ask Mom and Dad if it's alright," Kai said as he gently grabbed his sister's arm and brought her to their parents.

Currently, the Squads were all outside of the castle waiting till Iris was ready to send them all to the next kingdom. Each of them all had a good time here and they were all excited to see where they would go next.

"I wonder where Iris will be taking us next?" Jenny asked.

"I don't know but I can't wait to see!" Dillion exclaimed.

"Me too, thisss bringsss back ssso many memoriesss," Katie explained.

"Well I hope we'll see the trolls soon! Those little fellas are so much fun!" Umang explained, sounding very excited.

"I haven't met them, but what you've said about them sounds very interesting," Josh explained.

"I'm not in the mood to deal with the trolls right now, I hope that the next kingdom we visit will be the fairies as theri much more peaceful," Faith explained.

"Me too, I love the trolls, but they can be a little too chaotic," Paccia explained.

"Well we'll see where we go next once Iris is done talking to the king and queen," Amara explained.

The Squads all continued to talk till they saw someone coming out of the castle and swimming up to them. They soon realized that it was Iris coming up to them, but she wasn't alone as next to her was Melody who had some bags packed up. They were clearly confused as they were under the impression that it was just them leaving the kingdom and not anyone else.

"Um Iris, why is Melody with you and why does she have stuff packed up?" Jake asked.

"Oh well Melody asked me and her parents if it was alright if she came with us as she wanted to explore other kingdoms and see earth. I just hope that was alright with all of you," Iris said.

"Um yeah! I'd love for Melody to come with us!" Josh excitedly said.

Melody blushed a little at Josh's excitement and wondered if he was hoping she'd go with them.

"Well I'm sure we'd be able to fight better against Adrienne and the shadows if we had others to help us," Hannah said.

"Yeah what Hannah said, and I've been wanting to ask Melody some questions related to this kingdom," Ed said.