Chapter 7 The Talk

The next day, the twins were outside in their backyard helping their parents set the place up for their BBQ. However both of them were feeling rather nervous and tense, especially after what happened last night. They were also pretty tired as they were up late last night from saving Hannah from that fear parasite. This didn't go unnoticed by both of their parents who saw that both of their kids seemed rather sleepy.

"Hey Josh, Lila are you two alright?" Jason asked his kids.

"Huh? Oh yeah we're fine just... didn't sleep well last night," Josh explained.

"Yeah we had a bit of a hard time getting to sleep as we were um... excited for the BBQ today," Lila explained making up an excuse.

"Oh well why don't you two go back in and rest until the party won't be ready till later today. So you two can rest up while your mother and I finish up with peperations," Jason suggested.

"Oh really? Thanks dad, I think we need that," Josh said.

"Yeah we do, we'll see you and mom later," Lila said before grabbing Josh's arm and taking him back up to their room.

Jason smiled as he watched the two kids go to their rooms to catch up on some more sleep.

"Hey honey, where are Josh and Lila going?" Abmel asked.

"Oh they were tired as they didn't sleep much last night so I'm letting them sleep a little more as the BBQ won't start for another few hours," Jason explained to his wife.

"Oh alright... sigh... what did I do to have such a man like you in my life?" Abmel asked.

"I don't know, but man your ex didn't know what kind of amazing kids he would've had," Jason said while smiling.

"Yeah but I'm glad I found out what kind of a person he truly was and that I met someone like you," Abmel said as she embraced her husband in a warm hug.

Jason smiled and hugged his wife right back and just as warmly, happy to have such an amazing woman and amazing step children in his life.

Meanwhile, the twins were in their room laying down on their bunk beds anxiously. This didn't go unnoticed by Umang and Faith who became worried about the two.

"Hey Josh, Lila, are you two alright?" Umang asked as he got up on the bottom bunk where Josh was.

"Yeah you two seemed very tense after you got back last night," Faith said as she climbed up to the top bunk where Lila was on.

"Well it's just that... Last night Hannah's older brother Daniel... found out about us being the Rainbow Squads," Josh explained.

"What! He does but how did he find out!?" Umang was surprised by what Josh said.

"Well we got back from Adrienne's kingdom and we were all in our Rainbow Squad forms, we transformed back and he was apparently nearby and saw us transform back so he now knows," Lila explained.

"Oh dear this isn't good. If he knows now he could be put into serious danger!" Faith exclaimed.

"Not to mention that he might tell our families everything!" Josh exclaimed with worry.

"Oh dear he might do that as well, but he might also not," Umang suggested.

"Well who knows what will happen, but for now you two just try to sleep as you were up late last night," Faith said as she curled up next to Lila and went to sleep.

Umang did the same but he instead laid down on Josh and went to sleep as well. Both Josh and Lila smiled and cuddled up with their animal guides and went to sleep as well.