Chapter 1 beginning

tw: alchol, abuse, argument

(y/n) = your name

(y/l/n) = your last name

(y/e/c) = your eye colour

(y/h/c) = your hair colour

(y/h/l) = your hair length

(y/f/f) = your favourite film ( I think its movie if your American? correct me if I'm wrong.)

You sat in Peeta's back garden. you were sitting on the ground under his tree, the smell of baking bread and freshly cut grass filled the air. you were reading the fault in our stars for your ancient English homework and Peeta was playing with your (y/h/l) (y/h/c) hair. (if u have long hair he is plating it, but if u have short hair he is making the ends stick up in the air). when his fingers brushed against your neck it send shivers down your spine. you had liked him for a while, when he had started dating Katniss when you were all 15 you had cried yourself to sleep every night. eventually they had broken up a couple of months later when you and Peeta had seen her and her 'friend' gale kissing on the slag heap, yours had been the arms he had cried in for some time after that. "(y/n)," Peeta whispered, "what?" you replied, mirroring his hushed tone." I can hear my mum looking for me". your (y/e/c) eyes locked with his light blue ones and a moment of understanding passed between you. you both climbed high into the branches of the tree.

* * *

you stand outside of the bakery in the rain. its late, and you know that but you cant go home. you knock on the door and peeta's mother comes.

(y/n): hi

Peeta's mum: what do you want.

(y/n): is peeta home?

Peeta's mum: wait.

she shut the door in your face and you can hear her footsteps from inside. you listen in on there conversation, it was hard not to.

Peeta's mum: why do you hang around that girl/boy/person?

Peeta: is/are she/he/they here?

Peeta's mum: yes. they shouldnt be here this late, its not like your dating.

Peeta: not yet.

he said this under his breath but you still heard it. your face flushes and you struggle to not smile. Peeta comes to the door. "(y/n)! your all wet!, come in quick!", he pulls you inside and you can see his mother frowning angrily as she walks away from you. Peeta gets one of his hoodies from his room and he puts it on you. its scent is of cinnimon and flour and smells exactly like him, "not like I noticed or anything" you think to yourself. "now, why are you here?" he whisped it gently and you decided to tell him

(y/n): my dad came back from the hob drunk again, he hadnt drunk in so long that i thought he'd stopped. mum pretended not to notice, but she cares, i can see it in her eyes.

Peeta holds you by the shoulders and looks you straight in the eyes.

Peeta: did he hurt you again?, (y/n). (y/n) (y/l/n) talk to me. did he hurt you?

(y/n): no.

when he heard your answer he pulled you to his chest tightly and asked " do you want to talk about it?" "no" you reply and he reached for the tv controller. he puts on (y/f/f) and you fell asleep in his arms

Authors note:

hey so basically this is my first story so its not gonna be great, also im not great at spag so if there are any mistakes sorry but whatever i dont really care. if it was to long or short for u let me know so i can change it next time, also if u have any ideas please tell me i'd love to know what you think. i personally dont like loads of short chapters so ive made this one kinda long, but if u want it shorter, pls say, i dont want to be annoying.

if theres anything u want me to include pls pls pls comment, honestly i have no idea what im doing.

also no hate pls

 xxx