Chapter 4 the announcment

Authors note:

this is the 75 hunger games. it is the quarter quell this year and last year Peeta and Katniss did not go.

Peeta's pov:

her/his/their hand felt warm and solid in mine. I had come to watch the quarter quell announcement at (y/n)'s house since i had an argument with my mum. her/his/their mother and (y/s/n) were there but her dad was nowhere to be seen. it was better that way. i was not comfortable around him since i knew what he had done to (y/n). i hope that he misses the broadcast, the peace keepers catch him, and i hope he dies.

Your pov:

you were all sitting on the sofa waiting for the broadcast to start. your dad wasn't there, honestly you didn't know how to feel about that.

your mother was clearly worried about his whereabouts, but you could see the conflicting emotions in her eyes.

suddenly the anthem plays and  president snows face popped up on the screen. he talks about 

"and now we "honour our third quarter quell" says the president. the little boy in white steps forward, holding out the box as he opens the lid. we can see tiny upright rows of yellowed envelopes. the president removes an envelope clearly marked with a 75.he runs a finger under the flap and pulls out a small square of paper. without hesitation he reads, 

"on the seventy-fifth anniversary, as a reminder to the rebels that the capitol provides them with options, there will be 4 tributes reaped from each district; two boys  and two girls. if two tributes from the same district remain at the end of the games, they will be allowed to both become victors. symbolising the districts close relationship with the capitol."

the broadcast ended and you cuddled up to Peeta, "it probably wont affect us anyway." Peeta whispered in your ear. you nodded and held him closer

* * *

Author's note:

i copied most of president snows speech from catching fire but i changed what the quell was, i only did this because in most of the quell fanfics I've read, they always do a description of the arena that Suzanne Collins chose, and there never as good as the ones she wrote, and it gets boring cuz i already know what it looks like, and I know what's going to happen, and i just find that really boring.

this chapter was kinda short sorry.

the next chapter will be probably be the reaping so it will be a bit longer.

pls comment if you want me to add any scenes before the reaping because i have no idea what else to do before that 

 xxx