Chapter 17 the careers

as soon as the sun rose peeta shook you awake. you awoke with a jolt. "the careers"(there is more than 1 career pack, because there are so many of them) he said and you jumped to your feet. not fully comprehending what was going on, despite that, you ran as fast as you could and the shouts of "get them", "come on district 12!" and "you can't run for much longer!" passed over your head. you were getting close to the forest area of the arena, and after that was the abandoned and crumbling city area. you didn't want the careers to follow you there, it would be easy for them to corner you (and you also thought it would be extremely cringe and cliché is they did, just like the old action and kung fu movies you'd watched for old English class.) peeta suddenly left your side. he raised a finger to his lips and you nodded and kept running. 

"where did the blonde one go?" "its to late now glato!" "just keep chasing that one!"

you turned the corner and screams erupted from behind you.

Peeta whispered to you from up a tree. he clasped your hand and hauled you into the bows of the tree 

the canon went off.

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

"there were 7 of them" Peeta whispered in your ear

"well, you got 5." you replied quietly "how did you do it?"

"i used my specialty weapon. it was a serum that makes people turn on their friends and atack them."

Bang 

Bang

"the other 2."

"how do you feel?" you asked

(tw blood, pain, injury, glass ect.)

"i don't know" he ran his hand through his hair, leaving streaks of red. "i don't really feel anything. i guess it was because i didn't actively stab them or whatever."

"your hand" you pulled it into your lap what happened?"

he glanced at it. "must've happened when i cracked the glass for the serum"

you opened your pack and got the first aid kit out.

"my specialty weapon was a poison. its inside a powder compact" you said

"thats an odd way to store it, i guess it 'fits your vibe'" he laughed "oh and also 3 people died whilst you were sleeping this morning"

you nodded and carefully removed the fragments of glass with a pair of tweezers. he winced loudly every time you did so. you got an antiseptic on a small cotton swab and gently wiped it over the exposed surface. he gritted his teeth and a few tears escaped his eyes. you carefully wound a bandage around his hand and then brushed the tears of his face with your thumb

(the gross stuff's over now, basically u fixed his wounded hand)

the sky had slowly grown dark and the capitol anthem started to play

district 1 boy a

district 1 boy b

district 2 girl b

district 2 boy a

district 4 girl a

district 4 boy a

district 4 boy b

district 7 girl a

district 10 girl a

district 12 girl b

(Incase that helps)

(y/n): well now tallom and Lain are both dead.

Peeta: im not that sad about tallom.

(y/n): 24 dead.

Peeta: in a normal year that would've been it.

(y/n): its not a normal year though 

Peeta: we can do it.

(y/n): i know.

An Announcement filled the arena

"Hello remaining tributes!"

"hi claudius." you and peeta whispered in unison

"as you know, the perpouse of these games is for a pair of victors to emerge, so for those without a withstanding possible pair, your time in the arena is now over"

Bang

Bang 

Bang

"that was:

district 1 girl b

district 4 girl b

district 9 girl a

hold your allies close tributes and may the odds be ever in your favour"

(incase that helps)

"that specialty weapon you have will come in handy further on in the games, you only have 2 capsuled left though, so lets use mine until it runs out."

"ok, goodnight (y/n)"

"goodnight Peeta"