Chapter Ten - Warriors Of Kyoshi

After being captured by the female warriors, Jolee and the rest of the group were taken to a village. A voice soon speaks to them. 

Oyaji: You three have some explaining to do.

Suki: And if you don't answer all our questions, we're throwing you back in the water with the Unagi.

Sokka: Show yourselves, cowards!

It was at this moment that the blindfolds were removed. Sokka was shocked to see that the warriors were women. 

Sokka: Who are you? Where are the men who ambushed us?

Suki: There were no men. We ambushed you. Now tell us, who are you and what are you doing here?

Sokka: Wait a second, there's no way that a bunch of girls took us down.

The female warrior immediately becomes hostile and grabs Sokka. 

Suki: A bunch of girls, huh? The Unagi's gonna eat well tonight.

Katara: No, don't hurt him! He didn't mean it. My brother is just an idiot sometimes.

Jolee: You'll have to forgive the boy. He's young and stupid. 

Sokka: Hey!

Aang: It's my fault. I'm sorry we came here. I wanted to ride the Elephant Koi.

Jolee: Listen, we didn't mean to cause any trouble. So how about you let us go and we'll be on our way. 

As Jolee says this, he takes the time to survey the situation. He quickly realized that the situation could easily escalte. Sokka's earlier outburst did nothing to help the situation. The elder man approached the bound group. 

Oyaji: How do we know you're not Fire Nation spies? Kyoshi stayed out of the war so far. And we intend to keep it that way!

Aang: This island is named for Kyoshi? I know Kyoshi!

Oyaji: Ha! How could you possibly know her?

The man then points to a statue of a tall woman holding two stretched open fans. She is dressed in a similar outfit as the female warriors that ambushed the group.

Oyaji: Avatar Kyoshi was born here four hundred years ago. She's been dead for centuries.

Aang: I know her because I'm the Avatar.

Suki: That's impossible! The last Avatar was an Airbender who disappeared a hundred years ago.

Jolee: We're not lying, I can assure you. The boy speaks the truth. Now could you please untie us? My wrists are getting a little sore and I'm not a young man anymore. 

As Jolee says this, Suki and the other female warriors readied their fans and approached them. 

Jolee: Sorry. I'm a cranky old man. My body gets stiff sometimes. When you get to my age, you'll understand. 

Katara:  Aang ... do some Airbending.

Aang bends over before pushing himself off the ground. He leaves a large dust cloud as he shoots in the air, stretching out his ropes, using one of the outstretched fans of the statue to snap them in half. Now completely free of his bonds, he tumbles elegantly over the statue. Seeing Aang's Airbending prowess convinced the people of Kyoshi that Aang was indeed the Avatar. Aang lands gently on the ground in front of the surprised crowd, his robes still fluttering in the air. Oyaji and the Kyoshi Warriors stare at him in shock. 

Oyaji: It's true ... you are the Avatar!

Aang: Now...check this out!

Aang performs his trick again, letting the marbles spins around really fast between his hands. Grinning and blinking like a fool, he looks at the crowd, hoping to impress them. The crowd cheers at Yang. A young man in the front starts to emit a high pitched squeal while widely tossing his hands up in the air in admiration. He gets so overexcited that he starts to foam, fall, and faints; the rest of the villagers just keep on cheering. During all this, Jolee spots his Lightsaber dangling from Suki's belt. Without hesitation, Jolee uses the Force to pull the Lightsaber from Suki's belt. He then activates his Lightsaber to cut through his binds. Suki was in shock by this. 

Suki: What the....that's impossible! Are you...an Airbender too? 

Jolee: Not quite, young lady. I'm just a...visitor. Sorry about the mess. My wrists were starting to fall asleep. 

Suki then glances over to Jolee's Lightsaber. Remembering her earlier fight with Jolee, Suki becomes curious. 

Suki: We've never seen a weapon like that before. Is it some kind of fire sword?

Jolee: This is a Lightsaber. What you're seeing isn't fire. It's light. And before you ask, I doubt you'll find any other Lightsabers lying around unless there was some sort of conflict between the Jedi and Sith thousands of years ago. 

At this point, Suki was confused by Jolee's words. 

Jolee: Heh. Sorry. I keep forgetting that your world is unfamiliar with the ways of the Force. Can't say I blame you. Your world is...interesting. 

Oyaji: You mean....you're not from this world? 

Jolee: Yes. I come....from the stars. 

As Jolee says this, all of Kyoshi Village was shocked. Jolee lets out a simple sigh. Soon enough, Sokka speaks up.

Sokka: Hey! Can you please cut us free?!

Jolee: Oh. Right. That. One moment please. 

Jolee walks over and cuts Katara and Sokka free from their binds. After freeing them, Jolee turns to Oyaji and Suki.

Jolee: Now that the nasty part is out of the way, how about we try again.

With that, Jolee and the rest of the group were invited to stay on Kyoshi Island for the time being. But even as the group found sanctuary, Zuko would hear word of the Avatar's presence on Kyoshi Island. And that would prompt him to set a course for Kyoshi Island and attempt to capture the Avatar.