chapter 7 - screamin' and pleadin'

November 10th, 1986.

Will woke up in a daze, his eyes blinking open to the familiar sight of Mike's room. The loud noise that had disrupted his sleep echoed through the house, and he instinctively sat up, his heart hammering in his chest. Confusion washed over him as he tried to make sense of what was happening.

As he listened intently, he realized the noise was coming from downstairs. Fear gripped him, and his mind raced with thoughts of the Upside Down and the dangers that lurked within. With a mix of anxiety and determination, Will knew he had to find a place to hide.

He slipped out of bed and scanned the room for a suitable hiding spot. His eyes landed on the closet, and he hurriedly made his way to it. Quietly opening the doors, he squeezed himself inside, trying to stifle his breathing as he closed the doors partially to maintain a view of the room.

From the confines of Mike's closet, Will strained his ears, listening to the chaotic sounds that filled the house. His breathing quickened with fear as he realized that whatever was causing the disturbance was getting closer. The creeping sensation of someone following him wouldn't go away.

The noise escalated, and Will's pulse raced alongside his racing thoughts. He knew he couldn't stay in the closet forever; he needed to find another place to hide. It was clear that whoever or whatever was making the disturbance was getting closer, and Will didn't want to be caught off guard.

He took a deep breath and cautiously emerged from the closet, his senses heightened and on full alert. He tiptoed towards the doorway, his gaze scanning the room for any signs of danger. With a pounding heart, he descended the stairs, each step carrying him further into the unknown.

Reaching the bottom, a chilling sight froze him in his tracks. A tall, shadowy figure loomed in the dimly lit hallway, its presence sending a shiver down his spine. Without a second thought, Will turned and bolted towards the front door, desperate to escape the clutches of the lurking figure.

Will's heart pounded in his chest as he ran through the dark and twisted corridors of the Upside Down. The air was thick with the stench of decay and the faint glow of the dimly-lit environment was the only thing that guided him through the treacherous landscape.

He could hear the sound of something chasing him, Its footsteps echoing ominously through the eerie silence. Will knew he has to keep moving, but his legs felt like they were made of lead, and his lungs burned with the effort of each breath. As he stumbled through the darkness, he knew he wasn't going to make it out alive.

Suddenly, a voice echoed through the darkness. "I found you, Will," the voice boomed, and Will froze in terror. He knew that voice all too well, it was Vecna. Will's mind raced as he tried to think of a way to escape, but he knew Vecna was too powerful to defeat alone.

"You really thought you could hide?" Vecna continued, his tone menacing. "I know everything about you, Will. And I will keep finding you."

Before Will could react, Vecna appeared before him, his eyes dark and malevolent. With a flick of his wrist, he sent Will flying through the air, his body slamming into the hard ground with a loud thud.

"Ow, shit," Will cried out in pain, as he lay on the ground, his hand stabbing with pain. He knew that he had to get up and keep moving, but his body felt heavy and unresponsive. With a deep breath, he forced himself to his feet, wincing as he gingerly cradled his injured hand.

He stumbled forward, his mind racing with fear and desperation. He needed to find a place to hide, somewhere that Vecna wouldn't be able to find him. He scanned the darkness, searching for any sign of shelter, but the twisted landscape of the Upside Down offered no solace.