nine | 𝐦𝐫𝐬. 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐫.

- inspired by notapradagurl's book "Joey's Jewel. | Imagines." didn't even realize she had written a chapter with the same concept and title as this one until after i wrote it. ☠️✨

- read her books though! i definitely recommend 'em! 🤎

𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴: "𝗠𝗿𝘀. 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗲𝗿" 𝗯𝘆 𝗟𝗶𝗹' 𝗪𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗲 & 𝗕𝗼𝗯𝗯𝘆 𝗩.

"𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘄, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶'𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘀𝘀

"𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘄, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶'𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘀𝘀. 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵, 𝗮-𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘄..."

"𝗦𝗘𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗧𝗢𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗢𝗪, 𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗!" Tiana smiled, waving him goodbye, as she walked out of the police station and walked towards her car, unlocking the door and getting inside while she shut it behind her.

seeing Detective Shannon Burke walk past her car, Tiana's face contorted into a mug and she stared at her as she watched her walk into the police station, a low scoff slipping from her lips while she started her car.

to be frank, Tiana couldn't stand Shannon. she was known for always being deep in someone else's business and making a situation 10x bigger than what it was supposed to be, which is why she distanced herself from her. sure, she acted as if she liked her to her face because she didn't care for tension in the station, but Tiana made sure she knew that she and her were not friends, only colleagues. even Detective Malcolm Howard knew she didn't like Shannon, but he could hardly stand her either because she was stubborn and hardheaded, along with nosy.

as long as Shannon never overstepped Tiana's boundaries, she didn't care about what she probably had to say about her behind her back.

"nosy bitch... good thing my windows tinted." Tiana muttered, chuckling to herself, as she buckled her seatbelt and took her car out of park, making her way out of the parking lot and driving home.

♡︎

pulling into the driveway of her house, Tiana's eyes landed on two crackheads across the street from her, who were obviously higher than kites, and she chuckled softly as she lightly shook her head and parked her car, grabbing her work bag and purse and getting out of the vehicle. closing her door behind her, she locked the rest of them and made her way to her front door as she fiddled with her key ring, gently twirling it around her finger while she stood at her doorstep.