twenty two | 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠.

- i seen wayyy too many TikTok slideshows to not write something based on 'em. ☠️

𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴: "𝗙&𝗠𝗨" 𝗯𝘆 𝗞𝗲𝗵𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗶

"𝘄𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝗽 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗠𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲

"𝘄𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝗽 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗠𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲. 𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗼 𝗽𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘂𝗽 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘁𝘀..."

"𝗬'𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝘾𝘼𝙉𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝗕𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦 𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗡𝗢𝗪." Valentina scoffed, shaking her head, as she looked at her parents and let out a chuckle in amusement, tucking a strand of her black tresses behind her ear while she crossed her arms across her chest.

"we're as serious as can be, honey. your brother and sister were set up in arranged marriages and now it's your turn," Magnolia, Valentina's mother, explained as she looked at her daughter across from her, "you're 25, Val. and you know what that means."

coming from "old money" wasn't as great as it may have looked on the outside. sure, you never had to worry about going broke or not having enough money to pay for bills and other things, but in order to continue the legacy of your father and expand his business, you had to be set up in an arranged marriage, and nobody wants to be set up in an arranged marriage, especially when you didn't get to pick your partner.

what if they weren't your type? what if you couldn't get along with them? what if the both of you had different goals in life and couldn't bond together because of them?

many questions were asked whenever the next child had to be married off, but their parents always responded with the same thing: "you'll grow to love them over time."

first, it was Vincent - Valentina's older brother - who had to get married off. then, it was Vena - Valentina's older sister - who was after him. and now it was finally Valentina's turn, and she wasn't exactly thrilled at the thought of an arranged marriage, but it wasn't like she had any choice.

it was a traditional requirement for her family, and she'd eventually have to pass it down to her children just like her parents did to theirs.

"yeah, i know," Valentina sighed, crossing her legs, as she rested her hand on her temple and gently massaged it, "can i at least know who i'm getting married to?"