eighteen | 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞.

𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴: "𝗢𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲" 𝗯𝘆 𝗘𝗿𝘆𝗸𝗮𝗵 𝗕𝗮𝗱𝘂

"𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗱𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂? 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝗮𝗶𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗽𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘀

"𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗱𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂? 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝗮𝗶𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗽𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘀..."

𝗖𝗬𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗔𝗘 scrubbed the dirty dishes in the soapy dishwater as she looked up from the sink and stared out the window in front of her, beginning to dissociate while her bottom lip absentmindedly made its way into her mouth.

(A/N: pronounced 'SIGH•RUH•NAY')

she knew being married to someone who was involved in the dope game wasn't easy, but her anxiety was starting to get the best of her the past few days. the streets seemed more tense than usual and Cyrenae's intuition immediately knew something wasn't right, but Unique hardly ever told her anything because he didn't want to worry her. despite this, she was always still worried, especially about him and his safety.

she was afraid that one night she'd get that one phone call that Unique had either been murdered or arrested, and either situation would make break her heart. whether it was to the streets or the jailhouse, Cyrenae was scared of losing him. she loved him too much to lose him, and them having a set of 3-year-old twins - one boy and one girl - didn't help her anxiety at all.

WHAT YOU GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU? WORK AIN'T HONEST BUT IT PAYS THE BILLS.

Cyrenae knew Unique was far too deep in the game to give up on it now, but she prayed for him every time he went out, practically begging God to let her husband come back home in one piece. she couldn't bare the pain of being a widow, but she definitely couldn't stand the thought of their children losing their father.

how would she explain to them what happened to their dad? how could she go to the funeral and face his casket? how would their lives go on with that missing piece of their family tree?

it was too much to think about at once, and Cyrenae hated having these thoughts because she didn't want to speak them into existence. plus, she hated to think about them, so she constantly pushed them to the back of her mind until they eventually crept back up to the front 10x stronger than before, and then she'd have no choice but to deal with them.