twelve | 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞, & 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥.

𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴: "𝗕𝗶𝗴 𝗢𝗹𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸" 𝗯𝘆 𝗠𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻

"𝗻𝗼𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄, 𝗶 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝗶𝗺 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘄..."

"𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗕𝗔𝗟𝗟, 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗧-𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗕𝗔𝗟𝗟, 𝗛𝗘𝗬, 𝗛𝗘𝗬!" the cheerleaders shouted and stomped their feet in sync as they watched the two male basketball teams go at it, the sound of cheering, squeaky shoes, bouncing basketballs, and feet stomping the bleachers filling the gymnasium.

Kierra watched as one of their players shot a three-pointer over an opponent's head and the cheerleaders cheered for him while Kierra's brown eyes flickered up to the scoreboard, reading '61-58' in red writing while she smiled in contentment. there was only 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter and she believed that gave them more than enough time to rack up more points and beat their rival.

Kierra went to Texas State University and was majoring in Musical Theatre to be a choreographer because she's loved dancing ever since she was a kid, prompting her to become a majorette when she was an adolescent. she enjoyed a few other hobbies, but dancing was always at the top of her list, which is most likely why she joined the cheerleading team - even becoming one of three captains and being the one in charge of coming up with cheers.

TSU's rival was University of Houston - abbreviated as UH - and the two competed regularly, whether it was basketball or football. TSU received wins and losses and so did UH, but what irked Kierra's nerves about them wasn't their school.

it was Jo-Vaughn Scott - UH's basketball team's most talented player.

his cocky attitude and good looks combined with his talent pissed her off. as good as he looked and as cocky as he was, she couldn't deny the talent he possessed. and Jo-Vaughn being Jo-Vaughn, he always managed to find a way to piss her off every time he saw her. it could be something as small as him smirking at her or he'd flirt with her just to see her reaction.

to Kierra, Jo-Vaughn was a cocky asshole, and to Jo-Vaughn, Kierra was easily irritable, which gave him the upper hand because he always used it to his advantage.

"slow down! pass the ball! dribble like you tryna' make his legs fall off! and i think i wanna meet the ball, now, speed up! pass the ball! pass the ball! pass the ball!" the cheerleaders hollered, clapping and stomping in sync, as their hips rotated with the phrase "pass the ball" and Kierra's eyes suddenly locked with Jo-Vaughn's, watching him dunk the ball over one of her player's head while 'ooh's erupted in the gymnasium at the sight.