twenty | 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 '𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞.

𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴: "𝗟𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲 '𝗘𝗺 𝗔𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲" 𝗯𝘆 𝗟𝗮𝘆𝘁𝗼𝗻 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗲, 𝗟𝗶𝗹 𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆, 𝗖𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗚𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀, & 𝗣𝗻𝗕 𝗥𝗼𝗰𝗸

"𝗶 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲 '𝗲𝗺 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘆 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻' 𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝗻..."

"𝗜'𝗠 𝗧𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡' 𝗬𝗢𝗨, 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟, 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗠 𝗠𝗨𝗛'𝗙𝗨𝗖𝗞𝗔𝗦' 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗠𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗔 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗧 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗜 𝗪𝗔𝗟𝗞 𝗜𝗡." Gabriella complained, shaking her head, as she stirred her straw inside her glass and Monaé laughed at her while she swallowed her fries.

"hearin' you talk about that job is exactly why i'm not in a rush to find a job. shit, college is hectic as hell as it is and a job that i can't stand on top of that will be the death of me." Monaé chuckled as Gabriella laughed and nodded her head.

another day, another vent from Gabriella about her job while they ate at Lamont's Diner. Monaé didn't mind it though because she was open to hearing her friend vent about what was bothering her, and she was grateful that she trusted her enough to tell her about the things that happened in her workplace. plus, most of the times Gabriella told her to meet her at Lamont's Diner, she hadn't even eaten, so she viewed it as bonus points.

"i don't blame you. lil' smart ass," Gabriella joked, earning a small laugh from Monaé, as a waiter walked over to the table and laid down the check while Gabriella looked up at him with a warm smile, "thank you."

the waiter nodded his head at the woman and smiled back at her as he walked away and Monaé's pager suddenly beeped, causing the two friends to lock eyes while Gabriella raised a brow.

"that pager been beepin' an awful lot since we been here. you got somethin' to tell me, Mo'?" Gabriella asked, a small smirk creeping onto her face, as Monaé checked her pager and looked over at her best friend.

"girl, 'Nique been pagin' me this entire week like crazy, yo. and it's only because i been avoidin' him." Monaé sighed, pushing her ginger locs over her shoulder, as Gabriella opened her purse and reached for her wallet.

"and what'chu been avoidin' him for? some baby mama drama?" Gabriella asked, unzipping her wallet, as Monaé chuckled and shook her head.