chapter six

CALISTA

CALISTA

SEEING MIKEY brightened my mood a lot, and pizza of course.

The three of us sat on the 'sofa' as Zane called it, and ate pizza while watching a random action movie.

Even though all I want to do is crawl up in a ball and cry in my room, I'm glad I can't do that right now. I have all weekend to mope around so I just want to enjoy tonight while it lasts. 

Mikey leaves around midnight and Zane is staying over for the night to make sure that I'm settled.

He didn't say much tonight, I'm guessing he doesn't like to talk much. I can't help but wonder why he's done so much to help me, a stranger, without even thinking it through for long.

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

I think I have emotional motion sickness. Because I hate Wyatt so much for what he did to me and how he treated me and yet I'm sat here missing him like a little kid.

I'm alone now.

I haven't been alone for years and while it feels good, I feel really lonely. That's something I have to learnt to accept though. I'd take feeling lonely over being abused by the man I used to love any day.

After spending all of Saturday moping around and crying, I wake up Sunday feeling a little better and with a text from Morgan asking if I wanted to go for a coffee with her.

I accept of course and put on some jeans and a tank top. I'm leaving my hair down every chance possible after years of being forced to wear it up and do little makeup to make me look like I haven't been breaking down for the past twenty-four hours.

I am scared that I'll run into Wyatt if I leave the house but there's not much that I can do, so I suck it up.

When I walk into the cafe, my eyes immedietly search for Morgan and I spot her pitch black hair instantly. We slip straight into conversation and it feels as though we've been friends for years with the ease we talk.

It turns out that Morgan's new to the city and that she's still apartment hunting because she doesn't like her current one.

"I'm actually looking for a place too right now, but everything's so expensive." I tell her.

"Oh, how come?" She asks and I pause.

"I just ended things with my boyfriend." I explain and then have a small moment of realisation.

I didn't end things with him. I just left. He still thinks we're together.

"Oh shit." I whisper to myself.

"What?" Morgan asks and I wonder if I should tell her the truth so soon.

"It's a long story and maybe a bit of oversharing but if you're up for it?"