chapter 1.5

"Y/n, are you ready to go?"

"Almost!"

You took the entire morning getting ready to go over to Yujin's house. Last night, your grandmother called up his mom, and after a bit of explaining how you were a social hermit and were doomed to spend summer alone if not for Yujin, his mother agreed that it would be a good idea for you to go over. This also meant she asked her son to call over his other friends so you could be "open to more people," as she said over the phone.

Fixing your hair in the mirror, you now screamed back that you were ready to go.

"Hi, Y/n! It's so great to see you, you've really grown up so much!" Yujin's mom welcomed you, opening the front door to let you into their home

"Hi, Y/n! It's so great to see you, you've really grown up so much!" Yujin's mom welcomed you, opening the front door to let you into their home. When you entered, you were immediately met with a staircase and a long hallway leading to an airy patio overlooking the beach. To your right was their living room, and left was the dining room, where Mr. Han was busy with work. He bid you a hello without looking up from his paperwork.

Your grandfather ruffled your hair slightly, stepping into the Han's beach house. "Thank you for having her, I'm glad... Y/n, here, is not that good at making friends, so--"

You cut him off by anxiously laughing. "I'm fine at making friends, grandpa," you assured, "but he's right. I don't really have any friends here... and Yujin and his friends are really nice. I hope I'm not imposing."

"Oh, no, not at all! To tell you the truth, Yujin kept rambling on about his mistake at the dinner last night when we got home," she reveals.

Your grandfather's expression morphs into one of confusion, brows furrowed together. "Sorry, what mistake?" he inquires.

She looks surprised that you didn't tell your grandparents about him forgetting you yet. "Well, we can go over that later," she says, "Y/n, Yujin is up in his room with his friends, it's the first door on the right when you walk up the stairs."

"Thank you, Auntie."

Mrs Han turns back to your grandpa, "Yesterday night..."

Their conversation fades into the background as you reach the top of the staircase. From your standpoint, you can hear laughter coming from Yujin's room, and Nara saying something along the lines of, "Y/n was pretty shy yesterday though."

You felt a tiny pinch of shame in the pit of your stomach. You weren't normally shy, really-- but yesterday you were just thrown off. If not for the whole awkward scene with the boy, you would've tried to talk to them more.

"She wasn't always that shy," Yujin defends, "I think I hurt her feelings a bit when I forgot who she was." There's a tinge of regret laced in his voice.

"Yeah, that's because you're an idiot." Gyuvin jumps in, and you hear slap sound that most likely comes from Gyuvin's hand lightly hitting the back of Yujin's head. "Ow! What was that for?"