chapter 7

"Y/n, if I didn't know better," Gunwook says, his words partially muffled as he eats. "I would think you've gone mad."

Any normal person would take offence to that, voice raising to defend themselves. But he's kind of right; you are going mad.

You have nothing better to do on a Thursday night other than stalk Yujin on the internet, in a comfortable silence with Gunwook on the corresponding end of the phone line. There's no possible way of reasoning as to why stalking your crush is completely sane, so you keep your lips sealed. The line you crossed after opening his mom's Facebook profile to look for pictures of Yujin was one of no return.

You've been reading back on the occasional texts you share with him. You don't text as much as you do Nara, Gyuvin, or Gunwook, but there were still occurrences when he would send you pictures or videos, following them up with how they reminded him of you.

Reading back on them... they made your heart skip a beat. Looking at the photos Nara sent of you and him sleeping in the car, you nearly screamed. Only nearly; Gunwook is on the phone, you can't let him witness you be that much a fool for Yujin. You would never recover.

"Why are you even stalking him in the first place? Weren't you just asking about how to get over him?" he queries. "You can go see him instead of hiding behind your phone! He's literally around five blocks away."

Although you're aware he can't see you because it was only an audio call, vigorously, you shake your head in denial. "I can't do that, it was so awkward last time he came to see me. I basically kicked him out," you state, matter-of-factly.

That night, you began to feel bad after realising what you'd done-- but there was no way to reverse it. Yujin probably wasn't that hurt by it, anyway... you played it off cool. At least you think so, to your recollection of it.

Gunwook chides, "And who's fault is that?"

Why does this feel like getting scolded by your grandmother? He has a point, though. Why does he have to be right all the time?

"I know it's my fault," you reply, suddenly reminded of getting yelled at as a child.

"Good."

You tap a few buttons on your phone screen, now moving through all the group chat conversations you've participated in where Yujin replied to your messages. You are quite literally going insane after three days of having a crush on him (three days!), how are you ever going to survive the rest of the summer?

This is not the best way to process your feelings-- stalking him on what was most likely half of the social platforms he's present on. But whatever... you're young; surely, every other person your age has done this when they liked someone as well. This is totally normal.

Your finger floats over the icon for Instagram, debating whether you should check his profile on there too. You shouldn't. This is bad for you. Really, really bad.

What the hell, right? In a year, you will have forgotten about the time when you stalked your childhood friend turned crush on almost every app.

You open it, but you come to remember that you don't even have his handle.

You do have Park Gunwook on call with you right now though, and he definitely knows Yujin's account.

"Gunwook, do you--" you don't even get to finish asking.

You imagine him pursing his lips, rolling his eyes as he bluntly says, "I'll send you the link."

Your eyes widened a fraction more than they were a second ago, stunned that he knew what you wanted, you simply switch over back to the messages app to wait for the link.