chapter 8

It's not like Yujin was trying to blame you when he concluded that you were the reason he couldn't focus recently; it was obviously his own fault for lacking the determination to fully dedicate himself to dance practice. But for some unfortunate reason, he seriously can't get you out of his head.

Everything reminds him of you. He's picking out clothes for the day? It just so happens that the outfit he wore for the dinner where you two reunited is right there, screaming at him to remember how much of an idiot he was when he forgot who you were.

He's finally arrived home after an exhausting day? He wants to give in to the comfort of his bed. The bed that you and he lay down on the first time you met Gunwook, and you said Yujin was "just okay." Although you did say that, when he turned to you, lying together face to face, he thought for a second that your cheeks got red.

And now, the worst thing is that he still can't think of anything other than you. Even when his mom asked him to accompany her for errands, dropping by the nearest mall.

"Y/n would probably like this," he utters, looking at a pink bunny in the window of a child's novelty store. He wishes no one heard that, but he said it kind of loudly.

His mom adjusts herself so she sees the view from Yujin's perspective. "Y/n would like what?"

He quickly shakes his head as if to awaken himself from a trance. "Nothing," he says, taking a bag full of groceries off his mother's hands.

She quirks a brow. "Yujin, if you want something from that shop... buy it."

He chuckles nervously, hoping she doesn't catch on more. "No, no, I don't. We still have a lot of things to do!"

"No, I have a lot of things to do!" She nods her head in the direction of the bunny before snatching the plastic bag from his grasp. "You should get the bunny," she suggests. "I'm going to pick up your little brother. I trust you can go home by yourself?"

His lips part to retort, but she speeds off as the words leave the tip of his tongue.

Now it's just him... standing in front of a store window and staring longingly at a stupid stuffed bunny-- the bunny that looks like the one you wanted from the fair. Just him and the bunny.

This is not his best moment

This is not his best moment. Awkwardly pacing outside your house, holding two paper bags--one with food and the other with the bunny he tried convincing himself not to buy--Yujin checks the time on his phone to find that although it's five thirty, you're still not back from your job.

Maybe this was a bad idea. He makes a sharp turn on his heel, ready to depart from your front lawn when--

"Oh, Yujin! What are you doing here?" Your grandma's voice is all too familiar. He can't leave after he's been caught.

Luckily, he is a natural at... acting natural. A sweet smile makes its way across his face as he bows at a degree for your grandmother. "Hi, Ma'am!" Ma'am? When has he ever called her ma'am? "I brought some things for you and Mr L/n."