Prologue

The setting sun dyed the sky in a soothing, reddish tone. Waves were crashing against cliffs, the wind, which drifted through the trees, creating a rustling sound by touching its leafs, and Shadow the Hedgehog stood there, arms crossed, and immersed in his thoughts. Instead of enjoying the view around him or listening to the comforting sounds of nature, he was lost in his own mind. "Hey, darling!" His eyes snapped open, as a familiar voice chimed behind the hedgehog.

"What do you want, Rouge?" The black hedgehog asked her, in his typical calm, nearly monotone tone.

"I got bad news." The sudden change in the bat's tone made Shadow worried. He turned around to face her, and although Rouge tried to put on her usual indifferent expression, he could still see a slight hint of worry in her face. "I got intel that Eggman caught Sonic."

The black hedgehog stayed unimpressed, the blur blue was capable of handling such situations with ease on his own, and besides, he was not in the mood to deal with Sonic, as well. "You know I don't like to be seen with him together." He answered flat.

"It's serious Shadow!" The bat exclaimed suddenly, losing her composure. "I don't know what happened exactly, but Sonic is unable to do anything. All I know is that Eggman messed with his mind. We don't know what he is capable off." All of a sudden, Shadow felt anger rise inside of him. He couldn't explain this feeling, but there was no time for it anyway. The black hedgehog had to take action before the attentive bat, realized only the slightest change in Shadow's behavior.

"I'm on my way!" Without waiting for an answer, the hedgehog dashed away, leaving a mischievous smiling, Rouge behind.

About a week before:

Sonic the Hedgehog, the blue blur, everyone's hero, the fastest thing alive, and like always, he was fighting his arch nemesis, Doctor Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik. Said doctor was about to test a new weapon, he invented to get rid of the blue pest, once and for all, however, as usual, Sonic got in the way before the doctor could get through with his plan.

"You cursed blue rodent, why do you always have to interfere with my plans!" Eggman growled.

Said hedgehog just stick out his tongue at the doctor, trying to get on his nerves. "It's my job, Egghead, have you forgotten?"

"We will see who laughs last, rodent!" The man cursed at him. "Robots, attack!"

"Finally, the fun starts!" Sonic exclaimed happily, and started rushing towards the approaching Robots. As the group got close enough to target Sonic, they started charging their lasers. Naturally, the blue blur took advantage of it, and straightforward charged into his enemies. Seconds before he could crash into them, the blue hedgehog slid through their legs until he reached the point black of the group. Of course all the robots, Sonic had passed, tried to adjust their aiming, but were unable to stop the charging. In the nick of time, Sonic jumped high up in the air and the group of thugs shot at each other, leaving none of them standing. As soon as the blue blur came back to the ground, he taunted Eggman with a triumphing pose, rubbing his nose cheekily.

"Grrr!!" The man growled. "Just a few more minutes..."

"What's wrong Eggy? Lost some bite after all those years?"

"You're pretty cocky, considering all your friends, left you!" Sonic pretended, in a satiric mannerism, how much this words just hit him.

"Ahh. Oh, no! It hurts so much!!" After Sonic was done with his stage-like performance, he put his typical, sardonic grin, back on. "They only try to find their own way in life. At least my friends will come back, like friends do. Oh, right, you don't know how that feels! You don't have friends!"

"That's it, you blue rat! Robots!!!" The doctor send another group towards Sonic, who was eager to smash more stuff. This time, Sonic spin-dashed around to smash the containers and other stuff lying around in Eggman's base. His dashing hurled screws, bolts, and smashed pieces, into the air, and while still midair, the blue blur kicked piece by piece towards the Robots, the projectiles rained at the robots like a machine gun and one by one they all were torn to pieces.

As soon as the dust from the explosion lifted, you could see Sonic standing there, jokingly dusting off his gloves. "Is that all you got?"

The Doctor just growled, and before he could say anything, he was interrupted by Cubot.

"Boss, the laser is almost charged and ready to fire!"

"You, stupid idiot!" Eggman yelled at the black and yellow cube. The man glanced back at Sonic, who stood there with widened eyes. Obviously, the blue rat realized Eggman only tried to distract him.

"Nice try, Egg-head! You almost got me!"

"Nooo!!!!" Without hesitating, Sonic curled into a ball and spin-dashed with all his force into the machine behind Eggman, leading the laser to burst into a big explosion.