Chapter 1: A hunting Nightmare

The blue hedgehog felt terrible, his head hurt like he crashed into a metal wall. His muscles ached, and he couldn't remember what happened to him. As he slightly regained, conciseness he suddenly noticed, the blue hedgehog was tied to a table, with exaggerated strong handcuffs. "Wha... what's happening?" He asked confused.

"Ah! Are we finally awake, sleepy head?" A strange looking man was suddenly in the hedgehog's sight, he was bald but had an unnatural long mustache. The hedgehog couldn't see the man's eyes, they were covered by something that looked like welding goggles.

"Who are you?" The blue hedgehog asked. But the man just stared at him, and seemed confused at first, but then he suddenly got angry.

"Are you making fun of me again, you damn rodent?"

Said hedgehog blinked in confusion. "Why do you call me that? I'm a hedgehog, not a rodent!" The man in front of him visibly raised an eyebrow. Do they speak the same language?

"Nice, try Sonic! I'm not gonna fall for that!"

"Whose Sonic? My name is Nicky." The man stared at the hedgehog, as if he couldn't trust his eyes. After some time the man, that was somehow shaped like an egg, turned around, bend down to two strange robots, one was shaped like a cube, while the other looked like an orb. Nicky could slightly hear whispering and slowly started to panic. He couldn't remember how he got there, and why would this strange man even chain him to this table? When suddenly the man confronted him again and cleared his throat.

"Ahem, my name is Doctor Ivo Robotnik, and I am terribly sorry, but it seems I have confused you with someone who looks incredibly similar to you. Please accept my humble apology." The doctor's behavior made Nicky flustered.

"It's....it's nothing. But how did I get here?" The man started grinning ominous.

"It seems someone..." Eggman threw an irritated gaze at Cubot. "...has forgotten to deactivate my defense system, while we were waiting for you." The blue hedgehog was about to cry, out of frustration. Why couldn't he remember anything? Did he hit his head, while he was caught by the doctor's defense system?

"But why would I come here, in the first place?" Nicky looked nervously around. All the strange looking machines, the metal, the missing sign of nature, made him feel terribly uncomfortable. "This place is terrifying." The blue hedgehog felt shivers down his spines as the doctor's already ominous grin turned into a malicious grimace.

"That's because I bought you! You are my possession, from this day on!" Eggman expected a little protest from this, way too oblivious joke, yet the hedgehog in front of him just let his ears fall flat.

"I guess... that's something they would do?!" The egg-shaped man didn't foresee this outcome, but he wouldn't let the hedgehog notice this.

"Good!" The doctor released Nicky from his shackles. "Orbot! Cubot!" Without another word, the man left the room, while the two, just mentioned robots, approached the blue hedgehog. One of them, the red and black one that was shaped like an orb, held a mop in his small arms and the other one, which was shaped like a cube, held a bucket. They simultaneously stretched out their arms at the hedgehog.

"You are now responsible for the cleaning duties." The orb-shaped robot explained.

"And better make it germ-free!" Cubot added. Nicky looked anxiously, back and forth, between the two robots, panic visibly rising inside of him. However, the hedgehog was able to keep it inside and nodded, while accepting the cleaning utensil.

The blue hedgehog was not very delighted about this chore, given to him, but he was to afraid to say anything and just went on with it. The always nagging statements of the robots next to him didn't help one bit.