Chapter 8: It's time to go shopping!

"So? How do you like it?" Amy asked eagerly, but the black hedgehog was still frozen in place. Suddenly, he turned around to face the windows.

"That should work." He said, bluntly, and opened the window in front of him. "I keep an eye on you from the distance." Before any of the other hedgehogs could say a word, Shadow was already gone.

"I think he liked it" Amy said with a big smirk on her face.

"You... you think?" Nicky asked, confused, yet the girl didn't answer him.

"Come on, let's go!" The girl grabbed, the still dumbfounded, Nicky by his wrist and took him along with her.

--------------------------------------

"Amy? Ma'am? Where are we going?" The two hedgehogs have been running around the city for a while now.

"Don't worry, Shadow is watching out for us. Besides..." The winked cheerfully at Nicky. "... I can't just buy groceries! I need something to dress up as well! After all, I can't show up to our picnic, with worn out clothes."

"You planned a picnic?" Nicky asked confused.

"Well..." Amy smile seemed to fade a little. The blue hedgehog slapped himself inwardly, maybe he should just stop asking any kind of question. "It is still at phase one. I try to be prepared if Sonic ever..." The pink haired cut herself off, when she realized what she was about to say. "There it is!" Amy quickly changed the subject. Luckily for her, they arrived at the store she was looking for on time. She grabbed Nicky again, and before the blue hedgehog could protest or say anything at all, she already dragged him into the shop.

----------------------------

"Are you ready?" The girl was in a dressing room, still behind the curtains, and was about to reveal her chosen outfit, any second.

"You bet!" As soon as Amy heard those words, she pulled back the certain, which was separating the two hedgehogs. The girl was dressed in a traditional, red, Chinese-dress. It was a short-cut and covered a bit of her thighs. Golden patterns in the form of a dragon, peacock feathers and clouds covered the clothing. To give her outfit a little extra detail, she added a lotus flower brooch, matching, in the same red as her dress, to her headband. Whereas Nicky stared at her unable to say anything. The dress fit her cute and innocent personality, despite its short-cut, it still covered her shoulders and had no deep neckline which was typical for said clothing. A big and superior grin, grazed the girl's face.

"Oh? Is the dress so cute, it made you speechless?" Despite his dumbstruck behavior, Nicky seemed to perceive her words. He was blinking, filled with confusion, which clearly could be seen in his facial expression. "I definitely take this one!" The girl closed the curtain again and after a few minutes she pulled it back again, and Nicky was still somewhere in outer space.

This time, the girl wore a green dress with a v-cut on the neckline, while the bottom, of said dress, had a V-shaped cut as well. Beneath the cut-out, you could see another layer of the clothing, dyed in yellow and beneath that, was a third layer, which was grazed with ruffles, and was colored in a brighter shade of green as the top layer. The same bright green could also be seen on the puffed sleeves, which also bore ruffles. To cover her revealing neckline a little, she decorated it with a big yellow bow-tie and on top of that her headband got replaced by a green one, which was equipped with a sunflower brooch. It was a cute, no denying it, but for Nicky's taste it had too many ruffles and the blue hedgehog wasn't a fan of puffed sleeves either. Despite the fault he found with the dress, he still gave the girl a thumb up. "It looks great on you!" Nicky complicated her and the girl cupped her head cheerfully.