leo - (j.o)

Valentine's Day. I always dreaded the word or even the thought of the "holiday". Not feeling loved by someone is just hurtful. I always got saddened at the fact I would not get hugs, kisses, or even flowers on Valentine's Day. I mean, my mom always got me a box of chocolates, but not that type of love. Sure, I love her too, but I've always destined for a love interest.

Again, I always dreaded love. That was until I met Jenna. She's the prettiest girl ever. She's got chestnut-brown hair with her beautiful brown eyes that glistened in the sunlight.

Whenever we would hug, it felt like my whole body was in a giant flowerbed, laying on all of the flowers.

When we kissed, it was something magical. All my negativity flew away once my lips first collided with hers.

Whenever I felt down, or at my lowest, she was always there to comfort me. Even when I was sick, she would leave the house right before I woke up, go to the store, and purchase a little teddy bear to cheer me up. God I love her.

Soon enough, we were at our wedding ceremony on a beautiful beach. She wore a suit with suspenders, meanwhile I wore a slim white dress, not wanting to get sand in it.

Our families watching us have the best day of our lives meant everything to us. You know, until we left that ceremony and fled off to our honeymoon.

A vacation to remember. A week in the Maldives is something you'd only see in movies.

During that time, we dreamed on having kids through surrogates, which soon enough, the dreams came true.

We had a little boy, we named him Leo and decorated his room like a lions den.

Time flew by, and Leo turned 4. He watched a few SpongeBob episodes before becoming fully invested. He even wanted to sign up for karate, which we openly allowed him to.

Jenna stayed at home today, not able to make it to his karate class and watch him. Leo was kinda bummed, but he shook it off.

I tie his orange belt across his waist onto the white gi.

"Go kill it, baby!" I say, giving him a peck to the cheek. He smiled in response.

"You got it, mama!" He gave a thumbs up, and saluted onto the mat.

I found a seat next to the other parents along the bench. Throughout the thirty-minute class, I recorded Leo several times, sending all clips to Jenna so she wouldn't miss out on anything new he'd been working on.

my love 💍
Aww my angel! Tell him
he's doing great for me!

I smile at her text. I am so lucky.

Leo saluted off the mat, running to give me a hug.

"Awesome job buddy," I say, giving a high five to his tiny hand. "Your kicks looked sharp!"

"Thanks, mama! I feel like I did so much better more than last time, I think SpongeBob will be proud!" He smiles as we head out the door.

"I'm sure he would be, kiddo." We step into the car, listening to some of his favorite songs along the ride home. The sunset faded as we approached the driveway when it began to get slightly darker.

I open the door, getting a good whiff of chicken Parmesan. You can tell, Jenna's the chef here. Surprisingly, Leo isn't a picky eater, and loves everything Jenna makes.

"Hey, angel," Jenna says, grabbing my hips and pulling me into a kiss. Her lips tasted salty, and were slightly swollen.

Leo grasped onto Jenna's leg, wanting a hug from her too.