babydoll (t.c)

October 24, 2023 | 2919 Words

***

She hasn't been the same since she left. She always tells me that she sees her face in other people but in reality, It's not her. Moving to New York made Tara do things that she didn't back in Woodsboro. Back when Amber loved her, she was a different person.

Tara used to love the little things. She used to hold nightly sleepovers with me and we would stay up watching movies and binging on junk food. During those times, we would laugh about what Wes or Liv said earlier in the day. All I ever wanted was to be by her and all she wanted was to be by me, despite her girlfriend still being in the picture she still made time for me. But that was back when we were 17. It's crazy how much one can change within two years.

Tara doesn't want practically anything to do with me now. It's almost as if she's forgotten about the fun we had back in California. It's almost as if she's forgotten about me.

I've had to drag Tara out of numerous frat parties, take away drugs from her room so Sam wouldn't notice, argue with her and telling her she shouldn't ever be alone in a big city, and so much more. I've done so much and I don't ever think 

I've blamed it on traumatic events. We never talked about it when it was over, we thought it would be best if she just got therapy instead, like all of us. Turns out she hasn't been going but I hadn't told Sam because I knew she'd be pissed. 

Speaking of Sam, she still thinks Tara and I are close. As a matter of fact, she thinks we're even closer. Whenever Tara is sober and around other people, she acts like she and I have been best friends since we were born. When we're alone together, she treats me like I'm some sort of pest that just won't go away. Kind of like lice, you know?

Tonight, Quinn told me Tara was at a Christmas party at Chad's fraternity. I always text Quinn for information on Tara since I can't tell Sam a thing. Quinn has kept her mouth shut, so far. She's like that one red-head on Spy Kids thats married to Meghan Trainor now. I could've just said "Partner in Crime" but whatever.

I drive my car alongside the curb of Chad's frat. The music was blaring from outside of it. I saw broken beer bottles, red solo cups, cig butts, and some gooey green grime alongside the cement steps leading up to the front door of Omega Kappa Beta

The moment I stepped inside, it felt as if I was immersing myself into a mosh pit. The space was filled with perspiring individuals tightly packed together, and the scent of the fog machine, marijuana, and alcohol wafted through the air. There's no way in hell I could find a 5'0 tall girl in here.

I had to navigate through the crowd, forcefully making my way towards the kitchen, which proved to be a far more challenging task than I had anticipated. As I scanned the surroundings in search of Tara, she was still out of sight. I climbed onto the cluttered countertop, attempting to get a better view of the entire party, yet Tara was nowhere in sight.

I hopped down from the countertop, the overlapping chatter becoming more audible over the already loud music as I made my way through the home. I meticulously canvassed every nook and cranny downstairs, yet there was no sign of Tara. I even witnessed a guy, dressed in a Santa Costume, enthusiastically twerking by the fireplace – an unexpected sight that was hard to overlook. If I could find that, I'm bound to find Tara... right?

I begin to worry. If tara isn't downstairs then that must mean she's upstairs. God knows what's going on in those rooms upstairs. God knows what could be happening to Tara upstairs. My adrenaline kicks in and I step through the crowded stairs full of people dancing, grinding, and practically fucking each other while I enter the hallway.