Ch 18

𝗜 𝘀𝗮𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻
𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹

𝗜 𝘀𝗮𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹

Keira

I look at ceiling without any particular thought, just wishing I don't sleep or else nightmares are going to hunt me again, it's been a whole month since everything happened, new years bring happiness and hope for other but for me, it bring agony and solitude .

I heard door of my room creak open and my mom enter " still awake?" She asked her voice sound gloomy and I hummed in response, she quickly climb on my bed, wrapped herself in my duvet and hugged me tightly, asking for some attention.

" sleep now, I'm here" she said stroking my head lovingly, I closed my eyes but I can't sleep, I don't want to.

Hyrin's face flashed in front of my eyes, her bloody clothes and wounded body, I saw how Taehyung quickly crawl back from me with a horror expression, his eyes were matching the same fear as mine.

I opened my eye with tears in them and look at night stand with blurry vision, I took some deep breath to calm my nerves and switching on and off the light, trying to distract myself from sleeping.

I turned my back at my mom so she can't see me crying or else she will start lecturing me how I should stop crying. it's not good for my mental health, I remember the day when Taehyung proved guilty.

He hugged me until cops separated us, chanting he didn't do anything, he can't remember anything how he end like that, I assured that I believed him, I do and will till my last breath but what exactly happened? if not Taehyung then who killed her? And what will they get from killing Hyrin because they didn't robbed the house.

The proofs are against Taehyung, I do belive him but I'll do anything to make other believe, I'll gather the proofs, I promise Taehyung. I need time.

I look back and saw my mom's face from side, her eyes are closed and she is already asleep, it must be hard for her to work whole day and manage to come home from busan in a day, I told her I'm okay but she didn't believed me, she asked if we could shift to busan, I denied I don't wanna leave.

I felt my mom tighten her grip on my waist " Kei I can hear your thoughts " she said and turned me around " cry as much as you want but for the last time" she said and I buried my head in her chest, sobbing silently.

She combed my hairs with her fingers before rubbing my back and place a kiss on top of my forehead " your dad doesn't show but he is very worried Kei, what you have to yourself, he can't see you like this" she said, her eyes seems hurt " I can't see you like this" she added and lowered my gaze.

" I'm sorry " I mumble and she shook her head " it's not your fault honey, don't be sorry, just try to be normal, you are my strong sweet baby aren't you?" she said babying me and I rolled my eyes.