Chapter 4 - The Letters

Hey, Thomas,

I remember you coming up in the Box. Scared as hell, just like everyone. There was just one thing different: you were curious about the maze and wanted to be a Runner.

When I followed you into the maze, I somehow knew I was going to survive. You saved Alby, Thomas. For a few weeks, at least. I'm very grateful for that.

After Chuck died, I felt empty. I tried to recover, but it's been so long and I didn't change. Everything is going wrong. I can't do all of this anymore. I'm sorry.

Thank you for being such a good friend to me and Chuck.

I know you can save everyone. Take care of them. For me, please. Be there for Newt.

Goodbye, Thomas.

- Nora

~

Hey, Fry,

It's Nora. I wanted to tell you a few things before I said goodbye. You're an amazing friend. Of course, I didn't talk a lot with you in the Glade, but still. You're amazing. And so are your cooking skills. Trust me, you're a lot better than the food they give here.

Take care of everyone. Together y'all can go through this. And take care of yourself too. Goodbye, Frypan.

- Nora

~

Hey, Winston,

I don't know you very well and I didn't talk a lot with you, but you're a great person. You're kind and helpful. Though I didn't really like the Slicer job :)

Take care of yourself and everyone else. Goodbye, Winston.

- Nora

~

Hey, Teresa,

I don't know you very well, but I do know you're a nice girl. You're kind to others and very cool. Take care of yourself.

Goodbye.

- Nora

~

Hey, Logan,

I remember when I came up in the Box and had to try all the jobs. I turned out to be a Med-jack. One day I was working and you stumbled into the med-hut. You had some splinters in your hand. I found you nice and funny. At that point, I didn't know I would turn out to be such great friends with you.

I wondered why a guy like you didn't have many friends. As I said, you're very kind. Eventually, you told me the reason, which I think is kind of funny. You punched Newt and Gally. How did Gally not kill you after?

You told me that Newt was jealous because I hung out with you, but I didn't believe you. At some point, you confronted me with the fact that I liked Newt... a lot. You were correct and could see right through me.

Someday I had lunch with you and you told me about your memories. I said I didn't remember anything, but I did. It's not that I didn't want to tell you, but I just didn't know you long enough to tell you yet. Then I suddenly collapsed and remembered something. Something I rather didn't find out. It was a memory of when I harmed myself when I was ten. I felt guilty, just like always.

You helped me through everything. Set some rules so I wouldn't harm myself again. They didn't really work but the meaning behind them was good. I appreciate you so much for that.