Chapter 14 - Song

'Enjoying the view?' Jorge walked over to us. 

'What the hell do you want?' Minho snapped.

'That is the question.' Jorge walked closer to us. 'My men want to sell you back to WICKED. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either.'

'Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?' Minho replied, following with a sigh.

'Tell me what you know about the Right Arm.'

'I thought you said they were ghosts.' I commented.

'I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially when I hear them chattering on the airwaves. You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal.'

'We don't know much.' Thomas said.

Jorge pulled a handle and we got dropped down more, closer to the abyss.

'Okay! Okay, all right.' Thomas quickly screamed. 'They're hiding in the mountains. And they attacked WICKED. They got out a bunch of kids. That's it. That's all we know.'

'Yo, Jorge.' The man with the ugly teeth walked in. 'What's going on?'

'Me and my new friends were just getting acquainted. We're done now.' Jorge started walking away.

'Hey, wait. You're not gonna help us?' Thomas questioned.

'Don't worry, hermano. We'll get you back to where you belong. Hang tight.' Jorge walked away.

I assumed he was going to tell WICKED we were in his building. What would happen if WICKED found us? What were they going to do?

~

'Come on.'

Minho grabbed my legs and pushed me towards the handle, so I could untie myself and free the others. 'Push harder.' I said once I couldn't reach the handle again.

'One. Two. Three.' Thomas counted and Minho pushed. Almost I got the handle. Almost.

'Oh, shit.' Minho muttered.

'For god's sake, Minho! Just grab my waist.' I ordered. I didn't care if Minho did that. We had to escape.

'I'll do it.' Newt immediately replied.

'You can't even reach me, lizard.' I chuckled.

'Are we seriously going to do this right now?' Logan sighed. 'Just try again!'

Minho finally grabbed my waist and gave me a hard push. I managed to reach the handle and climb onto the cold floor.

'Yes!' We celebrated happily. Quickly I untied my legs and reached over to Teresa, untying her too.

~

'Good evening!' Echoed through the building as I started untying Newt. This is the World Catastrophe Killzone Department.'

I sighed loudly. 'Not Rat Man again.'

'We have your compound completely surrounded. You find yourselves, through no fault of your own in possession of WICKED property.'

'Hang on, guys.' Thomas helped Frypan.

'Or you can resist.' Rat Man said through the speakers on the wall. 'And every last one of you will die. It won't be long before the Flare wipes out the rest of us.'

I shivered lightly at the word Flare.

'The hope of a cure lies in your hands. The choice is yours.' 

'Okay.' Thomas said once we were all untied. 'Let's go.' But we came to a sudden stop when the man with the ugly teeth appeared in front of us, with a gun in his hands.

'We're not trying to cause any trouble, okay?' Thomas carefully said. 'We just got to get out of here.'

'Is that so?' The man grabbed a radiophone out of his pocket.  'Janson, I got 'em for ya. I'm bringing 'em down.' 

'Don't shoot us.' Newt moved in front of me a little more.

'Come on. Let's go.' No one reacted. 'I said let's go.'

Thomas rushed over to the man and tried to grab the gun out of his hands, but failed. Once the man recovered from the sudden action, he pointed the gun at us again.

'You little bastard!'

I closed my eyes when I heard a gunshot. I hoped so badly none of us got shot. I couldn't lose another friend. Someone grabbed my hand and I opened my eyes. The man fell onto the floor. Confused I looked at the person behind him. Brenda. She had shot the man.

'Let's go!'

 ~

'We don't have much time!' Brenda yelled as we ran up some stairs, probably on our way to Jorge.

'Right this way!' I was right. Jorge was there. He ran over to a window and pulled a rope down. It was a zip line.

'You gotta be kidding me.' Frypan mumbled.

'Plan B, hermano. You kids wanna get to the Right Arm? I'll lead you to them. But you're gonna owe me.' Jorge grabbed the rope even tighter and jumped out of the window. 'Follow me!'

Brenda pulled another rope down and handed it to Frypan. Hesitantly Frypan jumped out of the window. Teresa was next. 

'Wait.' I mumbled. I realized Chuck's wooden figure wasn't in my pocket anymore. Panicked I started running around.

'Nora! What are you doing?' Logan followed me. 

'Just go!' I ran down the stairs again. Logan didn't listen and kept following me. So did Newt. 'Y'all need to go!' I repeated. 'I'll be behind you.'

'I'm not leaving, Nora.' Newt stated.

I noticed Chuck's figure lying on the ground. Quickly I grabbed it and wanted to get up the stairs again, but guards were blocking us.

'Shit!' Logan shouted. 'Let's go.'

The three of us started running around the building, trying not to get shot by the guards.I wasn't going to get myself shot and caught by WICKED. A song played through the building, but almost seemed to come to an end.

'Where are the others?' Logan yelled.

'I don't know!' I screamed. 'Just keep moving!' I bend down when I almost got shot. 

The song stopped playing and I heard a bang coming from a distance. My mouth dropped open when I saw the explosion. Multiple things started to fall. 

'Nora!' Logan grabbed my arm and pulled me away. 'Come on!'

I followed Newt and Logan. More explosions made my ears hurt, but I had to keep running. 

'Oh shit!' I screamed when I saw wood, stones, and other pieces of the building falling. With the last energy I had, I pushed my feet further, but it didn't work. We had nowhere safe to go. Lights flickered through the building and I looked up one last time, just to see the heavy stuff falling on top of me, Newt, and Logan...