Chapter 9 - Visiting Hour

A/N: How do you like it so far?

~

Nora's POV

With my body still aching a bit, I groaned and open my eyes. Immediately Newt appeared above me. 'Well, hello.' I tried to joke.

'What bloody happened to you?' Newt asked worriedly.

I frowned when I remembered what happened. 'Where's Logan? Is he okay?'

Newt's face darkened. 'Logan is totally fine. Now, are you going to answer my question?'

'I answered enough questions already.'
I glanced at Newt and almost let out a chuckle at my inside joke.

'What the hell is that supposed to mean?' Newt raised his voice. Instead of answering, I stumbled over to Logan. His skin was a little pale, but he seemed to be breathing. Relieved I sat down on Newt's bed again.

'Can someone tell me what happened?' Minho asked. 'Y'all just got pushed onto the floor, looking lifeless.'

'Logan got angry, punched a guard, guard got angry, tied us onto a chair, Rat Man started asking questions, we got electrocuted.' I said in one breath, acting tougher than I actually felt.

'What?' Newt looked at me in confusion. 'They tortured you?' He roughly got up from his seat. 'How dare they? They can't just hurt you! If they do it again, I will-.'

'Newt, I'm fine.' I quickly said.

We got interrupted by a loud noise under Thomas' bed. Just then I realized Thomas wasn't even there. When I was about to ask, Thomas crawled from under the bed and got on his feet.

'Through the vents?' I asked.

'Yeah.' Thomas wiped some dirt off his clothes. 'Aris showed me something.'

'Aris?' I repeated.

'I'll show you at dinner.'

'Dinner?'

'Are you copying Rat Man with these questions, or what, Nora?' Logan said. Immediately I rushed over to him. Logan let out a laugh at my face and got up.

'Are you okay?'

'Yeah. Are you?'

'I guess.' I nodded.

~

'Now, who's Aris?' I asked Thomas at dinner.

Thomas pointed at a kid, sitting on a chair all alone. He was wearing a hoodie with the cap over his head, while playing with his food.

'Well, I'm sold.' Minho commented.

'What'd he show you?'

'He thought the people who get called never go to a safe place. He thinks they stay here.' Thomas quickly explained. 'We'll go check again soon.'

~

The doctors send me to my own room again, apart from the others. When I almost fell asleep, something under my bed moved.

'Newt, go to your own room.' I immediately said. 'It's not visiting hour.'

'No.' Newt crawled onto my bed and lay down. 'I'm not leaving you alone right now.'

I sighed lightly but also loved how protective he was. 'They know you're climbing through the vents. Rat Man asked me about it.'

'I don't care.' Newt paused. 'And who's Rat Man?'