Chapter 10 - WICKED

A/N: Chapter ten already, wow! Thank you all so much <3

Should the chapters be longer than these? (I mostly do 900-1400 words).

I have vacation in a few days so expect a LOT of chapters!!

~

'Nora?' Thomas asked during breakfast. I sat next to him and it surprised me how quietly he talked.

'Yeah?'

'You, uhm, gave this to me, but I want you to have it.' Thomas showed me Chuck's wooden figure. I got tears in my eyes but also smiled.

'Thank you, Thomas.' He handed me the figure and I put it in my pocket.

'How are you doing?' Thomas questioned.

'Right now I'm okay, thanks.' I replied. 'Are you?'

Thomas chuckled. 'Yes.'
But then our attention got drawn to something else. Rat Man was calling the names.

'Henry. Tim. And lastly, David. Enjoy the rest of your evening everybody.' Rat Man walked away again.

'Aris said they bring in a new batch every night.' Thomas whispered.

'Okay, until we know anything for certain, we should just keep our heads down and try not to draw any attention to ourselves, all right?' Newt ordered, but Thomas got up.

'What is he doing?' Newt frowned.

'I think he's drawing attention to himself.'

Thomas walked over to a guard I definitely recognized. 'Oh, shit.' Logan mumbled.

'It's the same guard.' I realized. 'The same one me and Logan had some... issues with.'

Suddenly Thomas punched the guard. All of us rushed over to the two males and we pulled Thomas away. 'Why won't you let me see her?' Thomas yelled.

'What's happening here?' Rat Man appeared and I rolled my eyes. I don't think I ever hated someone more than him. 'Thomas? I thought we could trust each other. You know we're all on the same team here.'

'Are we?' Thomas muttered.

'Get them to their bunks.'

'No!' Newt yelled when a guard grabbed me and pulled me away from him. 'Don't touch her!'
Newt started to resist but eventually, the guard took over.

~

I got pushed into my room and almost fell onto the floor. I didn't hesitate a second to crawl under my bed and climb through the vents. It was dark, but I was able to see things. When I heard a certain British voice, I stopped and look to my right. There was a vent next to me and I assumed it was where the others slept.

I climbed out of the vent. 'Hey, Thomas! That you?' I recognized Minho's voice.

'Sadly not.' I smiled and got on my feet.

'Nora! What the hell are you doing?' Newt raised his voice slightly.

'I'm visiting you.' I casually replied.

'They're going to see you!'

'And you think they didn't see you?'

Newt stopped arguing and sat down on his bed. 'Thomas is with Aris.'

'I'd like to meet him sometime.' I commented. 'How long have they been gone?'

'Ten minutes or so.' Minho replied.

'Okay.' I carefully sat down on Newt's bed too. 'I hope they find something 'cause I don't trust this place either.

'You don't trust anyone.' Minho said.