Chapter 24 - Betrayal

Just when I rushed outside, an explosion made me fall onto the ground. It was so loud it made my ears hurt. The fire after was very big and it made multiple tents burn to the ground. People started screaming and I quickly crawled off of the floor.

I have to find Newt and the others. I immediately thought. I wasn't going to leave them.

More bombs went off and with wide eyes, I looked around.

'Nora! Move!' Someone roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me away, just before a bomb went off right in the place I stood three seconds ago.

I gasped and looked next to me. Newt pulled me with him. Guards dropped out of a helicopter and landed on the ground.

'Newt!' I screamed. 'Wait! Sonya- she- wait, Newt! I need to tell you some-'

'Nora, we gotta move!' Newt interrupted me. 'We'll talk later!'

Guards started shooting people, who fell onto the ground. Panicked I ran after Newt.

Minho, Logan, and Frypan appeared next to us.
'Where's Thomas?' Frypan yelled.

We bend down behind a big box. My eye caught Vince and Harriet firing bullets at guards.

'Vince! Harriet!' Newt pulled me up again and we ran over to the two.

'How can we help?' Minho asked while he tried not to get shot.

'You need to cover us!' Vince yelled, then he looked at Minho. 'Hey! Do you know how to use this thing?' Vince handed Minho a gun.

Harriet pushed a gun into my hands too and I started shooting. I hit a few guards and they fell onto the ground.

'Nice shot!' Logan screamed through the explosions.

'Vince, hurry up!' Newt yelled after a while. 'There's too many of them!'

Newt was right. More guards appeared and they started shooting back at us.

'Look out!' Newt suddenly screamed. A guard had thrown a black thing toward us. Confused I looked at the thing. When it hit the ground, it exploded and gave all of us electric shocks. I let my gun fall and dropped down on the floor. My whole body ached.

~

We got pushed down on our knees, next to dozens of other people. A guard roughly grabbed my neck and scanned it.

'A10.'

Rat Man appeared and he looked around the crowd. I gave him a dirty glance.

'Where's Thomas?' Rat Man asked.

'Right here.'

I spun my head around and saw Thomas walking towards us. Rat Man grinned when a guard grabbed Thomas and lead him over to Janson.

'Thomas.' Rat Man grabbed Thomas and kneed him in the stomach. Thomas grunted and bent down.

'Hey!' Logan screamed, trying to get out of a guard's tight grip.

'Get him in line.' Janson ordered.

'Why didn't you run?' Minho asked Thomas.