Chapter 13: The Princess' Comeback!

You and the Rainbooms were now seen standing by the Wondercolts statue shortly after Sunset wrote the message in her notebook. You all were now waiting and hoping for a message, a sign, or anything at all to signal that Twilight got Sunset's message. Rarity was holding up Fluttershy's hand so that she could apply nail polish with Amy next to her admiring the new look of the nails Rarity gave her. Miles, Rainbow Dash, and Sunset were sitting by the base of the statue with the first of the three tinkering with one of his gadgets, the second twirling a soccer ball with a bored expression, and the last looking through her journal. Finally, you, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie were sitting on top of the statue playing some cards, specifically Palace.

Feeling that they have waited for way too long, Rainbow Dash lets out an annoyed sigh.

Rainbow Dash: "I'm starting to think she's not coming."

Y/N: "Come on, Skittles. Give her some time. I don't that opening a closed portal between two separate worlds is an easy thing to do tbh." You said as you continued to focus on the palace game atop the statue. "I bet she's probably using all of her brainpower trying to find a way to open up that portal using the power of science or something like that."

Rainbow Dash: "You really think so?"

Y/N: "I know so. We just gotta believe!" You said with a hopeful smile. You fully believed that Twi can find a way back here.

Fluttershy: "Umm, Y/N. Have you ever tried using the chaos emeralds to open up the portal?"

Y/N: "Yeah actually. Shortly after I found a chaos emerald, Miles and I came back here to see if we could use it to open it up. Surprise, surprise, nothing happened."

Miles: "Then we came back here when we got our second and third emeralds and still no dice."

Y/N: "To be fair, we don't really know how to fully use their power so maybe we could open it up with just a few emeralds, but we're just bad." You said with a light-hearted chuckle. "It's for sure something I should try out once we find all seven again."

Applejack: "Anyways Y/N, hurry up and put down yer next card. Ah, wanna win this game already." She said with a huge smirk as Pinkie was simply watching, having already won the game.

Rainbow Dash: "How's the game going by the way?" She asks as she stands up to look at the game of Palace you all were playing. She saw that you and Applejack only had two cards faced down left.

Y/N: "Well, we're almost done. Pinkie already won 'cause she's been getting lucky ass draws and I'm low-key mad about it." You said with a grain of salt heard in your voice as Pinkie lets out a quiet giggle and gives you an adorable smile.

Miles and Sunset put away their gadget and notebook respectively before standing up to observe the card game.

Miles: "Oh that's just a three. You can beat that right?"

Sunset: "If one of your face-down cards is anything lower than that, you're picking up that huge pile of cards." She said as Rarity, Fluttershy, and Amy even joined in on the watching, having finished their nail painting.

Y/N: "I sure hope I can. It's just a three. A three of clubs no less. I literally just need these cards to be anything other than a three of spades. I just gotta pray that the card I choose isn't freaking garbage."

You picked one of your two face cards and placed it on top of the pile and the card you flipped is revealed to be...

A three. A three of spades.

Y/N: "WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?! WHAT IS THIS?!?!" You screamed out to the top of your lungs as everyone in the group began to burst out laughing.

Miles: "You got a three of spades!! That's hysterical!" He said as he and Rainbow Dash fell to the ground rolling on their backs, tears forming in their eyes.