Chapter 2 - The Boy Who Cries in the Rain

I am someone who can declare myself as a "Selenophile". It's a term used to describe people who is deeply attracted to the moon. "Selenophile" derives from Greek words Selene (Moon) and Phile (Lover). For me, the moon is the most beautiful celestial object at night. Eventhough it doesn't have it's own light, it use the light from the Sun and reflect it so that it can illuminate certain places at night. 

Not only the light that it reflect from the Sun, the existence of the Moon is useful for the Earth and its creatures. The Moon plays the biggest part in controlling the tides. By having a huge impact on the tides, the life of the Earth's creatures depends on it. The Moon also plays part maintaining the weather and temperature of the Earth. So, having said by the some scholars that the Moon is the resulting debris when the Earth collided with a celestial object as big as Mars, it turns out that the Moon has become an essential part of the Earth and its creatures.

Speaking of the Moon, I just remember that the Moon that I saw last night and this morning has a ring around it. I remember something from watching Discovery channel. It said that if the Moon has a ring around it, often times it indicates that it will rain that day.

And there it is. It's not even noon yet but the rain falls this heavily. The sky has turned into dark grey-ish, looking like the sky of an early evening. It's depressing and brings out the sad nuance, just like the boy who cries at this bus stop. There is no one else beside us at the bus stop at the moment. Then I just realize that this boy bumped into me before I have a meeting with P'Aof, and it was more than three hours ago. Aw, you poor thing, have you been crying for that long?

To be honest, it breaks my heart seeing a boy who seems to be taller than me crying like that. I remember seeing Bright, who is also taller than me, crying over Itachi's death, his favorite Naruto's character. I can never imagine to see someone as tall and as muscular as Bright can cry like that. And it seems that I'm seeing that image again on this boy. 

Unknowingly, my feet move me to sit next to the boy, Gem, as his friend called him. Look at this boy. He doesn't even realize that someone sits beside him. 

"Hello." -- I said to start the conversation.

No response. They boy still cry while covering his face with his palms.

"Erhm. Hello there. Are you okay?" -- I said to him again.

This time, I think he realize that there is someone beside him and is trying to talk to him. His sobbing stopped as he removes his palms slowly from his face, lift his head up and look at someone who sit at his left side.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

My heart is beating so fast as our eyes locked. They way he look at me seems to make me drown to a bottomless sea. As I keep sinking, I see things that I can not understand. I see pictures, videos, and/or maybe memories, because I can feel and see them through my perspective. I see myself in different set of places, or even maybe also in different set of time. I see things that I never saw before, places that I never went to, people that I never knew.

It was all moving on so fast, as fast as I keep sinking. But then I see him. I see the boy. In each set of places and time, I always see him. 

I see him smile, 

I see him cry, 

I see him running towards me, 

I see him holding my hands, 

I see him hugging me, 

I see him kissing me, 

I see him looking at me.