Chapter 23

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!🥳🤩🧨

THIS HAS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING, BUT YOU HERE YOU GUYS GO!!!! TWO CHAPTERS OF CONTROL, BOTH OVER 6000+ WORDS LONG, AND I PROMISE YOU, YOU WILL FINISH MORE THAN SATISFIED

My only request, please comment! I read them all, so please, please comment your thoughts as you usually would!

Now, enjoyyyyyyyy

-----------

Hagen's P.O.V

Everyone thought I was obsessed with food— that I saw something edible and forgot all sense in the blind pursuit to eat it. I mean, they weren't wrong, but if that were true, then for the first time in my life, the food in front of me was the last thing on my mind.

All I could think about was Nikola.

Nikola, my infuriating mate who I was forgetting how to resist. The one that had basically tied me up in knots upstairs and then left me alone to try and figure out how to undo them. Earlier, I just thought he was upset and I wanted to help him, and then somehow, I'd ended up back against his wall.

Blessings. Goddess keeps bestowing us blessings — Zyair groans with pure delight. Did you feel him, Hagen? He's so

I cut Zyair off before he could fill my mind with what Nikola had looked like upstairs. I did not need to think of Nikola and those piercing grey eyes, or how his firm body felt pressed against mine, and I definitely didn't need to think of those rough hands claiming my skin– claiming me, just like he did with his tongue and his teeth. He'd bitten me. Actually, he'd bitten me after he'd licked me and made me—

"Something wrong?" I jolt, looking up hastily to find Apollos' worried gaze focused on me. "Not enough?"

"If this isn't enough, I'm going to have to check you for a tapeworm again, Hagen," Aunt K mutters from her side of the kitchen where she was making tea.

"I–"

"He doesn't have a tapeworm," Nikola snaps before I can reply, sounding unreasonably offended. "Hagen is very healthy."

"Well–"

"I was kidding," she groans, turning just enough to make sure we see the way she rolls her eyes. "Nobody's doubting your ability to take care of your mate. Relax, your mutt is showing, Storm."

"I just zoned out," I say as quickly as I can, cutting Nik off before he and his mom can fall into another argument. I look at Apollos, the only sane Amorenia present, "Nothing is wrong, I promise. This is more than enough."

Apollos grins widely, his worries evaporating as he proudly surveys the feast he'd somehow put together in the time it took Nik and me to shower and dress.

You did a lot more than that - Zyair sings, sounding way too proud. I am proud. I am so so so proud of you! I can not wait for tonightttt!!!

I ignore him just like I ignore the way heat engulfs me at the mere thought of what was supposed to happen tonight. I'd agreed to a kiss, which was already a lot considering what Nikola's kisses did to me, but if it were just that, a kiss, then I'd be fine. But it wasn't just a kiss. When Nikola had coaxed the promise out of me, the look in his eyes said that there would be more than a kiss.

I should've been terrified. I was, but terror wasn't all I felt.

"Everyone grab as much as you can carry and take it out," Apollos instructs with a clap of his hands. Nik and I pick up what's closest to us, while Aunt K tries to sneak off. "You too, Princess."